PDA

View Full Version : Flights to Almeria in 2009

Icare9
7th Sep 2008, 10:33
It seems that both Monarch and easyjet have dropped Almeria from some of their services next year. Can anyone advise which routes easily reached from the London area will be best alternatives? We liked Monarch from Luton but as that seems out, what others are available?

WATABENCH
7th Sep 2008, 10:39
I believe FCA have dropped from their network also,

OltonPete
7th Sep 2008, 12:06
Icare9

What you really want to do is fly Monarch from BHX;)

Three times a week, Monday, Thursday or Saturday
currently released for sale.

None of this Luton thing :E

Pete

Icare9
7th Sep 2008, 13:36
Lol!!:)
Looks like a 2 hour drive to either an airport here or there.....

What flights are available from the London area to say Murcia or Granada?

Why has Almeria been dropped, surely there is enough demand to keep it in the schedules??

jubilee
7th Sep 2008, 14:19
Thursday flight out of Gatwick to Almeria. Look at flightline.co.uk
Costly flight,try and find out who else has seats on it.
Regards
Jubilee

Icare9
7th Sep 2008, 17:32
Jubilee, thanks for posting, but don't understand what relevance to caption or flights from London area for 2009 :confused:

brumboy
7th Sep 2008, 18:56
Well said Pete - I'm an Almeria user, sad that Monarch have dropped it for the winter (means using Alicante or Malaga) but at least it's back next summer.
Didn't someone mention that Baby might be interested flying to Almeria next summer?

sunday8pm
7th Sep 2008, 19:01
I assume Ryanair STN-LEI will be going all summer?

Icare9
7th Sep 2008, 21:54
Flights to Almeria from Luton are NOT back next summer, the point I was making in my original post. Apart from schlepping to Birmingham, what alternatives are available next summer from the London area to Almeria, or nearby?

jubilee
7th Sep 2008, 21:54
ICARE9

The Thursday flight I listed is for summer 2009 is with Thomas Cook
Also remember easy flights for next summer are not out yet
Iberia also do a 1 stop change from LHR.
Monarch from Manchester as well as Birmingham. Trains to both airports.
Regards
Jubilee

sunday8pm
8th Sep 2008, 09:01
Ryanair and Easyjet will both fly from the London area to Almeria surely? I think you'll be safe in the assumption that FR will be doing STN-LEI next summer.

Techman5
22nd Sep 2008, 19:33
There appears to be a lot of 737/A320s grounded at the moment, as there are hardly any flights to Murcia or Almeria this winter. As far as I can see its O'Leary airlines from STN or BHX, or EZY from LGW or BRS, and the latter only occasionally.

Be My Baby and Monarch appear to have cut back to just Malaga for the winter.

I was trying to sort out a long weekend, but cannot find suitable flights, so probably won't go. That probably means even less flights, and terminal decline.

jettesen
22nd Sep 2008, 20:09
Easyjet stop flying the LEI route from both BRS and LGW for the winter months, but it is still operating from STN over the winter. All bases will be flying there again when the summer schedule comes on line.