PDA

View Full Version : Is This True???

vortsa
7th Sep 2008, 00:56
Qantas blames staff over delays

Posted Sat Sep 6, 2008 10:29am AEST

The latest figures from the federal Transport Department show Qantas' rates of on-time departure and arrival are at their lowest in a year.

Figures from July show about a third of Qantas flights arrived or departed at least 15 minutes late.

Cancellations are also at their highest level since July last year.

Qantas has blamed its poor performance record on industrial action by its engineers.

A spokesman for Qantas says the main cause was ongoing overtime bans by engineers, which meant fewer planes were available.

Qantas resolved the pay dispute with its engineers last month.

A spokesman for Transport Minister Anthony Albanese says the department does not collect information on why there has been a decline in punctuality.

I thought all had been resolved???

What The
7th Sep 2008, 01:02
Well it's not going to say

QANTAS BLAMES ITS ATTITUDE TO ITS STAFF FOR DELAYS

is it?

Anulus Filler
7th Sep 2008, 08:24
EBA might be sorted out but there is an immense dislike of the current management that will not subside for many years. Get used of further delays.:sad:

ElPerro
7th Sep 2008, 08:35
So what you are saying is that aircraft mechanics (without Engineering degrees - i.e. not engineers) are the reason for the delay because they are unhappy.

anawanahuanana
7th Sep 2008, 08:53
I think what he may be saying is that the Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (as per the title on their licence - the clue is in the name...) are sick of being treated poorly and blamed for everything (not to mention their pay...) and as such are no longer willing to bend the rules or go the extra mile to help out the company. I'm sure they are playing exactly be the rules, which of course due to their lack of decent manpower numbers will inevitably lead to delays.:ugh: