PDA

View Full Version : China Airlines

robthree
6th Sep 2008, 19:32
Does anyone have any experience flying with China Airlines? (of the ROC, not the PRC).

I found little to no information on thier careers website, other than minimums.

Any and all hard data appreciated.

Come to think of it vague rumours would also be appreciated.

- Rob.

littlejet
6th Sep 2008, 19:36
don't.........

tntmk
6th Sep 2008, 20:46
I am curious too...I wonder how competitive 1500TT with an ATP would be to get in as a F/O and how important jet experience/ air transport time would be

TaipeiTaz
7th Sep 2008, 03:06
Of course if you are starving and have nothing else, then go. BUT keep your expectations low.

They are a racist, hostile, punitive and incompetent.

Individually you will find some nice people, but as a company they are not to be trusted, they lie about the working conditions and continuously change them as they feel by updating a pdf file containing your terms and conditions of employment.

The fact that over 60 foreigners left in 2006 and again over 60 in 2007, of the roughly 250 who worked there, should be a clear indication that the place is not one that is fun to be. Considering roughly half left, they could not all be bad whiners...

Overall, it is the best retirement airline, as after a few years with them, you will never miss airline operations again, I know I don't miss it.

tntmk
8th Sep 2008, 02:41
is it really that bad? I'm hoping to get into some jet flying but I have no jet time so it would either be trying to get on a regional here in the US or some corporate job (both are hard to find)

would they take some one with no jet time but their mins on the website?

what is pay like for a F/O? days on/off?

thanks for any info

armchairpilot94116
8th Sep 2008, 03:38
Maybe you can get some concrete answers to your questions on the EVA pilots
forum. A lot of those folks had applied at CAL as well or know people that did or
know people that currently fly at CAL.

http://nankantraz.org/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=1

MJPilot
8th Sep 2008, 03:49
forget it - NOT hiring expats. Last batch was July 2007.

MJPilot
8th Sep 2008, 03:52
by the way, even if they start hiring again, no chance without jet time.

Even if you would qualify, be prepared to pay upfront US$ 22.000 before you even start training there. :ugh:

tntmk
13th Sep 2008, 01:28
thanks for the info, looks like I'll have to look elsewhere

bumba
18th Feb 2010, 10:32
... any expat pilot at China Airlines? thanks

Adrian Cronauer
18th Feb 2010, 12:12
I found little to no information on thier careers website, other than minimums.
Because Mate, that's all you can expect from a career with that retched lot, minimum!