PDA

View Full Version : QFA Hydraulic Problems KJFK

TrafficTraffic
6th Sep 2008, 00:42
More woes for the Rat.

QFA108 in the queue at JFK has to return to the gate with HYD problems.

TT

Keg
6th Sep 2008, 01:35
Big deal. I delayed an aeroplane for 15 minutes recently due to a hydraulic leak. I can understand us commenting on the ****e media reporting that goes on surrounding what is an everyday event in airlines all over the world but when it's 'us' that start reporting these things as 'news' then it really is a sign of a world gone mad. :ugh:

teresa green
6th Sep 2008, 01:39
Jeez, in 48 years of flying, never heard of that before ???? Oh Pleeease!:{

WhoFlungDung
6th Sep 2008, 02:17
Looks like the guys (or girls) are doing exactly what there paid to do. Taking care of you. They are well paid - no pressure to complete the sector for fear of loss of pay. They are supported by their managers. There won't be an inquisition. The passengers outwardly won't be very happy, but they will book again on Qantas - for all the above reasons.

lowerlobe
6th Sep 2008, 02:22
I'm no fan of GD and his management style but as Keg and Teresa Green are right as delays are part of the business....

The next thing you will see is a media report that QF had to re-fuel an aircraft...shock....horror...

"Passengers at risk as aircraft is short of fuel.............(for the next sector)"

fordran
6th Sep 2008, 02:40
I wouldn't make too many assumptions about the airline always doing the right thing when it comes to delay situations. Try asking the Sydney Supervisor who was demoted from his position because he would not turn a blind eye to a tyre that was worn to limits. He was even told that this was the reason and that he "didn't fit the new mould".:suspect:

ACMS
6th Sep 2008, 02:47
So what, about a year ago CX had an A346 with a seized wheel bearing ( lots of smoke ) block the main taxyway in KJFK for quite a few hours before it could be moved. The flight was cancelled ( obviously ) awaiting a new wheel assembly.

THESE THINGS HAPPEN.

It's called AVIATION.

The_Cutest_of_Borg
6th Sep 2008, 02:51
Anyone notice the newfound sense of authority by which the Keg-meister declared that he had delayed an aircraft?!?

Yes folks....it has happened!!:ok:

I just thought I'd announce the brand new shiny four stripes on a thread supposedly about another QF disaster!:D:D:D:D

Well done Captain Keg!

Capt Kremin
6th Sep 2008, 02:56
.....and may God have mercy on us all!!!!

Well done Keg!:cool:

Capt Claret
6th Sep 2008, 04:34
The media sure have taken a dislike to QF.

In an article in the SMH re an American Airlines B738 with a blown tyre, the completely irrelevant sentence, American Airlines is a Qantas partner. appeared in the middle of the article. :ugh:

Capt Fathom
6th Sep 2008, 04:43
I just thought I'd announce the brand new shiny four stripes on a thread supposedly about another QF disaster!

Well done Captain Keg

And I thought he was the Chief Pilot! :confused:

captaintunedog777
6th Sep 2008, 06:07
Fordran. Total and utter crap. I am aware of the Qantas safety culture. Crikey it's drummed into everyones head.

Howard Hughes
6th Sep 2008, 07:13
Oh my god a man made machine broke!:eek:

Must be a slow news day!;)

Keg
6th Sep 2008, 12:10
Lol. I wondered how long it was going to be before I got 'outed'. 48 hours was the answer! :}

'Disaster' sounds about right! :ok: Thanks Kremin and Borg for the kind wishes.

TrafficTraffic
7th Sep 2008, 05:59
Touchy lot you QF boys...

I never mentioned a 'disaster' simply the facts of the matter.

But nice PR once again.

TT

Keg
9th Sep 2008, 05:30
Got the goss on this from the Skipper. He's a semi-regular reader of PPRUNE but I don't know if he's a contributor.

#1 EDP Failure. DDG consulted and Maintanance plus Ops procedure. Back to blox and comply with DDG. Push back 15 minutes later. JFK ATC excellent and aircraft blasted off landing runway (13L) without undue delay.

Nothing to see, move along! :} :ok:

Traffic, the 'disaster' referred to was more about me than any efforts by QF in JFK! :ok:

SeeBee
9th Sep 2008, 08:17
The point about all this "excessive" reporting is that it is the only method by which the"managers" of QF will be forced to do something about the dysfunctional way the airline is run.
Yes, most of the maintenance items are "normal" and "usual" for any airline. However the management of QF have tried to reinvent how an airline should be run. It has not worked. They have to be shamed into doing something about it. It is not normal to have as many faults as QF currently have, it is not normal to have a schedule in complete disarray, it is not ususal to have a/c parked at different places around the world. The passengers pay for a schedule and the belief they will get to their destination in a reasonable manner. QF can't do that at present.
So, please keep reporting and 'force' the management to wake up. Stop being 'yes' men and get on and run the airline properly.
Or else there will be no profit and no bonuses.

speedbirdhouse
9th Sep 2008, 09:16
Quote- "They have to be shamed into doing something about it."

Correct. They have to be shamed into doing anything that involves spending money.

Pedalz
9th Sep 2008, 09:27
The post wasn't about Qantas pilots being yes men to managment. Infact I see no where here in this post anything like it was said. It was about the media being harsh on Qantas. Even if the managment are as you say "re-inventing how an airline should be run" it does not mean the media can scare the s*** out of the pax over small maintenance issues, because even if the QF managment stop bonus hunting there'll be no passengers to care!

:ugh:

hotnhigh
10th Sep 2008, 07:42
Keg, Congrats, fantastic.
As for QF, they deserve everything they are getting in the media at the moment. As opposed to expert comments 'ala', Thomas and Harbison, have A good look at yourselves, absolutely no idea when it comes to 'an airline handed over in great shape.'
Absolutely astounding statements when you consider the state of the airline, delays, number of mel's applied, continual on time delays, etc,etc.
Great shape, my ar&e!!!!!:ugh:

TrafficTraffic
11th Sep 2008, 21:29
Group hug

:suspect::suspect: