PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever trained at Epic Flight Academy?

Fitnesspilot737
5th Sep 2008, 14:32
I have enrolled with Epic Aviation in New Smyrna Beach Florida to do my CPL from zero starting in Oct. Has anyone here ever studied there or have first hand experience of this school? Even better, is anyone enrolling for this same start period?

Lots of love, a very excited Irish wannabe pilot

aliyusk
28th Oct 2008, 22:43
hi since you are now in epic can you please tell me more about the school am suppose to start my cpl from zero on 12/01/08 i would be really glad if you can give me an insight when you reach dr
am from Nigeria

vlieger
28th Oct 2008, 23:45
A friend of mine went there. My advice: don't go there. Training takes forever, some students are there for more than 6 months just to do a PPL! As a result my friend had to go back home without a PPL as she couldn't spend more than 2 months.
Accommodation provided by the school is 2 buses away and far away from the school. Planes are in good condition but be prepared to pay for a LOT more than you are quoted and to spend a lot more time than originally planned.

cforst513
8th Feb 2009, 01:17
I did all ratings at Epic. I did my PPL in 41.7 hours, had IFR just over 100 hrs, and took both my CMEL and CSEL add-on in the same day at Epic at 250.4hrs. Start to finish, all part 61, June 15 to Jan 16. It can and has been done in 6 months. You just need motivated students that actually study.

Housing is 8.5 miles away from the airport and the trip there takes 20 minutes by bus. Having never done the return trip I cannot comment on how long it is.

Epic is a good school with good maintenance, new planes, and good instructors. Not the cheapest by any means but the quality is second to none. You get out of it what you put into it. Remember that.