PDA

View Full Version : Training In Florida

FUNGO
5th Sep 2008, 13:46
Hi all,
I was looking for a school to get my licences in Florida, in my country is very expensive, and I've found one school that offers me a very atractive program: FAA-JAA licences with 500 hours of total flight time and accomodation for €30k. The exams for the JAA are in Barcelona, at Aerolink school.
The school is Aussie Air, I've heard good and bad things about them, so I would like to know if there is someone in this forum studying there and could give me his opinion.

Regards

RUSTRIDO
5th Sep 2008, 17:10
Hi Fungo,

I'm currently studying at Aussie Air, I was at the same situation before coming here, concerned for bad things I had heard about it, is it too cheap? , etc.
The first theme is that this school has a new owner since one year and a half more or less, I know before that was runned very bad by an aussie man, this is one of the main reasons they are so cheap at this moment.
The second theme is mi opinion since I'm here, I can highly reccommend it, maintenance(is very important, for me at least), they are doing all they promise...
I was considering other schools who offer FAA-JAA licenses, like NAPLES... but I'm very happy of having chosen Aussie Air.

And this is my humble opinion about it :) If you want to ask me anything about the course or the school PM , my mail is : [email protected]

Ah, I'm gonna fly seaplanes in my hour building in Aussie :)

B2N2
6th Sep 2008, 11:39
FAA-JAA licences with 500 hours of total flight time and accomodation for €30k

How are these hours broken down? FAA CPL requires 250 hrs, why double?
We can only tell you if this is a deal (or steal) if we have a little more info..

RUSTRIDO
9th Sep 2008, 18:47
How are these hours broken down? FAA CPL requires 250 hrs, why double?

You should ask that to the owner or manager of the school B2N2, I can tell you about the course, fleet maintenance, etc. but not why they offer that.

ABELINHO
17th Sep 2008, 18:25
Te envié un privado rustrido, es para saber si te llegó o no

Keygrip
17th Sep 2008, 23:39
Thanks, BRS_flyer.

Cyclopps
19th Sep 2008, 01:37
Hi Fungo,
You could try out Flight Safety Academy.
A very good school and one of the best in the Florida

FUNGO
24th Sep 2008, 13:44
Yes but they don't offer JAA license, they told me they have an agreement with an irish school to do the conversion but the price was 22.000€, so, no way