PDA

View Full Version : Chasing my dream

Luke_08
5th Sep 2008, 10:06
Hi,
I'm currently doing my GCSE's at school and really want to be a Pilot. For my dream to come true to be a pilot I need to know what A levels to do. So my question to you is what would be the best A levels to do.
:ok:

Kerosine
5th Sep 2008, 10:22
The subjects aren't terribly important however they would prefer to see strengths in Maths and other 'academic' subjects such as the sciences.

Best of luck :ok:

Finals19
5th Sep 2008, 13:58
A Level Maths, Physics or other sciences NOT required, however, there is some related content. GCSE level is fine in all of these if you aren't big into them.

Aviation related pursuits (i.e. Air Cadets, gliding etc) are a good thing to have on your CV. Also, any kind of team related stuff looks good - better if you have some flying experience to link in with them.

Start saving and planning financially too - its a darn expensive thing is aviation!

Good luck :ok:

G SXTY
5th Sep 2008, 14:51
Airlines are much more interested in commercial licences and flying experience than A level results.

That said, I'd agree that maths and physics - and maybe technology - would be good ones to choose, as they will be useful later on when you do the ATPL theory exams.

EGCC4284
5th Sep 2008, 19:14
Tell us what subject option's you have and we can then advise

Rob

152hero
5th Sep 2008, 23:28
Yeah hi luke

Guessing by when you posted this thread you must be in year 11 , i'm just about to start my first year at college and have just (yesterday) chosen my subject's. I hope to go on to do a Law degree and so have chose subjects that will give me the best chance's of doing so (Law , Gov & Politics , English Lit , Philosophy , It).

I think from who i have talked to (my flight instructor and a fantastic work experiance at Southampton) that as long as you show that you're pretty capable , a degree hopefully doing that , should be just as good as Maths and Physics.

I actually remember somebody asle quite recently on this fourm who was doing somthing simalar but was two years ahead of me. So really just do somthing that will interest you ( within reason). And be good at it (that helps !!!)

Best of luck with your studies , GCSE are a dos really!!!!!!!

Easy 787

D O Guerrero
7th Sep 2008, 22:39
I don't think it really makes any difference. Do what you enjoy and get good marks rather than do something you hate and messing it up...

Put1992
8th Sep 2008, 10:08
Focus and get the GCSE's in the bag, and you can't go wrong really. I think you'll find academics are mainly linked in with the groundschool of any of the licences, and they aren't the biggest part of it all. Experience appears to be a key thing, and with that, so does money, so as said, consider the finance side of things! Good luck with it all, and don't give up!

Cheers