PDA

View Full Version : The Japanese are in on it!

chuks
5th Sep 2008, 08:29
Hollywood faked the moon landings, as any fule kno. Just look at the shadows, the way the flag was waving in the breeze and all those other details.

Now the Japanese are claiming to have images showing the dust kicked up when Apollo 15 landed on the moon. When is this going to stop?

BlueWolf
5th Sep 2008, 08:36
It'll stop when we (we?;)) go back, and there all the stuff still is, no 707s, no double decker buses, no Elvis, just a few flags and a bunch of scrap metal.

...will we launch into recriminations then? Name-calling? "I-told-you-so" etc etc etc? No...because unlike them, we're not like that. We'll just look at those flags and feel the tears in our eyes. I envy those of you who will be qualified to salute them.

ORAC
5th Sep 2008, 09:24
just a few flags Nope - or so says the manufacturer, Valley Forge. It was an off the shelf flag and would have disintegrated in the sunlight in a few years, all that will be left is the pole and the support wire.

BlueDiamond
5th Sep 2008, 09:32
... all that will be left is the pole and the support wire. Hey, that's great!!! We'll be able to have a whole new crop of conspiracy theories about how tests have shown that the flag would not have disintegrated in that time and therefore it must have been stolen by aliens.

Gotta be a nice change from the same old same old, anyway. :suspect:

angels
5th Sep 2008, 09:37
YoDawg - Exactly what I was thinking. :confused:

shedhead
5th Sep 2008, 09:56
why would aliens want to steal a flag? unless its drunken aliens and they want to decorate the traffic cone they stole earlier that night!

ORAC
5th Sep 2008, 10:09
YoDawg, Angels...

Errr. I think you might find he's using irony to refer to the latest news concerning Selene photographs (http://www.universetoday.com/2008/07/16/japanese-selene-kaguya-lunar-mission-spots-apollo-15-landing-site-images/).

BOAC
5th Sep 2008, 10:16
just a few flags and a bunch of scrap metal. - surely the scrap metal will have been nicked by now? It is selling at a pretty price at the moment AND it would be a fine collector's item. Anyone seen it on ebay yet?