PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding certification of logbooks

TidaBisa
5th Sep 2008, 02:08
I am currently flying for an Asian carrier and there is chance I might get an interview with an airline in the ME. One of the requirements I am noticing is that they want you logbooks signed by your employer or regulatory agency when presented. I can get my current employer to do that but what about previous log entries? In my country of origin this is not a normal practice and you don't send your logbooks to the DGCA as you do here in Asia. Besides, I am not in my home country to begin with so I cannot take them for the same even if I had to do so. Anyone else go through this situation who can shed some light. Secondly, they need references from management--Are checkpilots/checkairman considered management? Thanks.

sunking
5th Sep 2008, 12:44
I Don't know about the logbook situation. I did submit the question about check airman being considered as management to flydubai yesterday. I am still waiting for the response. Ill post it here as soon as I get it.

skya320
5th Sep 2008, 19:42
Atleast your current logbook should be certify by your most recent employer. You should also have a license authentication form sign by your local Civil Aviation Authority and this should be enough. It's also depend on the airline that you are applying for.

cleared to land
5th Sep 2008, 20:48
is it enough to stamp every six months or some employers might require stamp on every page?

haughtney1
5th Sep 2008, 21:21
Here in the UK if you asked the CAA to stamp your log book, you'd just get a blank stare.
It is your employers responsibility to verify your flying hours..and if you ask them to do that, they are gonna ask questions.......

john negussie
5th Sep 2008, 21:22
Emirates and Etihad........last 5 pages and every year with your present airline. Also, a letter from your civil avaition stating your status, eg. incident and or accidents, etc. It's no big deal, they don't spend to much time on this as long as you have what they request.

Rubis
7th Sep 2008, 13:36
I have run into the same muddle. 23 years of airline computerized flight pay logs amounting to more than 15k hours plus logbook showing more than 5k hours before that. In addition to years of PC forms.
Rich and worthless plus Park won't represent me unless I have certified books. Luckily, there are still a few companies that will throw you in the box and let you show them what you can do. That usually takes care of the logbook problem.

If I went to my local Aviation agency or previous airline they would look at me in amusement when I ask for them to certify logbooks. You can get fake passports, licenses, and documents.....just how hard is it to fake logs? Few quid and company stamp?

Jetjock330
7th Sep 2008, 14:06
Captain "Kinko's" is everyones Chief Pilot!...

sunking
7th Sep 2008, 17:14
I got word today that checkairmen are fine for the management references.