PDA

View Full Version : Taliban wearing uniforms of killed soldiers.

garp
4th Sep 2008, 20:29
French soldiers that is. Ten of them were killed end of August. Now a magazine has published several pictures of Taliban wearing complete uniforms, watches etc.

Fury at Paris Match picture of Taleban in dead soldier's uniform - Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article4675361.ece)

One of the pictures.

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1264/parisvy9.jpg

Howard Hughes
5th Sep 2008, 00:03
Hunt them down and kill them slowly, every last one!

Fg Off Max Stout
5th Sep 2008, 00:35
Well, I wouldn't want to be a towel-jockey* in a stolen French uniform this week. Say what you want about the French, banter aside, they don't f**k around, and if their enemies try to humiliate a proud nation their special forces will achieve vengeance in quick time. Good on them.

* deliberate mixed metaphors to placate the PCists.

corsair
5th Sep 2008, 00:40
The French do take that kind of thing to heart. They will get vengeance, wait and see. :D

fitliker
5th Sep 2008, 02:14
If the Taliban use the tactics used agianst the French in the Algierian campaigns .The French will be out off there toot suite:8then there was this place called Viet Nam ...........

Flash2001
5th Sep 2008, 02:24
I seem to have heard that Lord Kitchener had an answer to this.

After an excellent landing you can use the airplane again!

henry crun
5th Sep 2008, 05:02
I'd be surprised if Lord Kitchener ever used that expression, and anyway, the Taliban do not have any aircraft so the question of them being useable after a good landing does not arise.

StbdD
5th Sep 2008, 07:53
Win and you don't get your clothes stolen. It's not a difficult concept.

BlueWolf
5th Sep 2008, 08:44
Remember when the Taleban were known as the Mujahadeen? Equipped and trained by the West, as I recall. They used to be the Good Guys.

Never underestimate your enemy, nor regard yourself as being invincible. The best Special Forces soldier in the world is still a mortal human being who can be killed.

I understand there have been cross-border operations just this week. We may presume that the fallen have been avenged. They are, however, still dead.

Faith, and vive la France.

Al Fakhem
5th Sep 2008, 08:53
What happened to the neutron bomb? Wasn't this supposed to solve problems such as those in Afghanistan. Get rid of unwanted forms of life in specific areas without destroying the nice scenery.

John Hill
5th Sep 2008, 09:02
I dont doubt BlueWolf that some Talebs are former Mujahadeens but most are too young to have fought the USSR.

When the Soviets withdrew from Afghanistan the various factions of the Mujahadeen turned to fighting each other and it was only when the Taleban came on the scene that most of them reunited into the 'Northern Alliance'. When the Muj, were fighting the Soviets most of the founding members of the Taleban were children in refugee camps in Pakistan.

sisemen
5th Sep 2008, 11:55
Wasn't it Golda Meir who once said that Israel had to fight the enemy "with one hand tied behind it's back" (in relation to keeping the moral high ground)?

In Oz we are currently undergoing some kind of inquiry because our special forces used a dog compound to securely house some suspected captured Taliban nutters overnight.

OK. They were only suspected and the dog is apparently some kind of unclean animal which will send them all to perfidy but what kind of fecking war are we fighting here???

Standard Noise
5th Sep 2008, 12:32
Don't s'pose they left the hungry doggy in there at the same time did they?:E

Lon More
5th Sep 2008, 12:55
If I was a French soldier there i'd get really worried if there were any ANG plots around in A-10s.

'" Well, he looked like a Talleban. Let's get back to the bar."