PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 9110 Communicator

Genghis the Engineer
15th Oct 1999, 19:28
I'm contemplating purchasing same to use as a mobile / crude WP / fax machine for getting those data sheets I always manage to leave in the office / Email to keep boss informed of where I've ended up without actually having to speak to him.

Does anybody have any experience and opinions of said device?

What_does_this_button_do?
16th Oct 1999, 01:33
Most of our programmers have got these gadgets. They all love them, but beware prices vary hugely dependant on which airtime you connect to.

Compton
16th Oct 1999, 04:41
Slightly different note, but does anybody know about the new 'WAP' phones, e.g. Nokia 7110.
I understand that they offer internet connection, i.e. using a bigger display.
Call me silly, but can this actually work?, 'cause it would really save lugging the old laptop around when away, just to keep up with the PPRuNe !!
Thanks.

All systems Go!
16th Oct 1999, 05:33
Genghis,
Make sure you get the very latest version of the nokia 9110, I had the early one and junked it for the bad dreams that followed. The later version, the 9110i does the whole task easier and quicker and is more user friendly, check the nokia site at www.nokia.com (http://www.nokia.com) go to your own country and then select the models that you want to use. Avoid the early 9110 like the plague

[This message has been edited by All systems Go! (edited 16 October 1999).]

blackadder
17th Oct 1999, 16:53
G.
I have a 9110, latest model, still in box, SIM FREE, for sale at £399.
I decided to get a laptop.
Sim free, meaning you can connect to any GSM900 network. I accept credit cards :)
blackie.
I'm in Hampshire and there's no VAT!

------------------
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by blackadder (edited 17 October 1999).]