PDA

View Full Version : The "Perks"

tiger321
4th Sep 2008, 15:06
I have been trying to book a FOC ticket to Europe and frankly it is just about hopeless. Besides the fact that an FOC costs a fortune these days, you have almost no choice of where to use it.

In previous years I have looked at the system and chosen the empty flights and had an instant confirmation. This year just about all flights show "waitlist" meaning that we are either much busier than previous years or more likely, that the department in charge are releasing very very few seats. Even the historically quieter services are "waitlisted" and that is from now through the next six months.

The handful of flights that will allow you to confirm immediately are for business class FOC travel only.

Yet another "perk" is becoming a total waste of time.

I no longer use regular staff travel and now it seems that the FOC's days are numbered!

Buttie Box
4th Sep 2008, 20:21
What do mean, "becoming?" Having tried to book on several occasions from Europe to HK, I no longer even bother. Another kick in the slats for the based guys. What with the commuting...breathe, must take deep breaths. There that's better.

BB

HardRock
5th Sep 2008, 00:54
perk? At CX? Ah Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!:D

Peebee and Jay
5th Sep 2008, 01:24
Called to inquire about the "Full Fare Specials" on travel desk. Was HK$1100 more then CX.com price. :D

AD POSSE AD ESSE
6th Sep 2008, 01:17
Try out www.zuji.com.hk (http://www.zuji.com.hk)

They have some excellent special deals,and packages..

As a comparison, Philippine Airlines (PR) to MANILA in Oct: HKD 960, Cathay Pacific Airways (CX) to MANILA HKD 3780 (all full fares)..

Now,with a MUCH CHEAPER fare on PR,FRIENDLIER cabin crew on PR, TASTIER food on PR, MORE SPACE available on PR and a much BETTER terminal to depart from in Manila on PR...no surprise as to which e-ticket I will be bying...

Wake up CX:sad: