PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Medical--Tattoos

4931tom
4th Sep 2008, 15:00
I was wondering if anybody has, or knows someone who has tattoos, and has been approached about this by the Chinese medical authorities. Thinking about going over and flying. Have two on each shoulder. Can't see them with a short sleeve shirt. Thanks guys.

angryblackman
5th Sep 2008, 00:09
As long it doesn't say FREE TIBET!, you should be OK.:}

Roger Sofarover
5th Sep 2008, 05:06
Angry
Thats Funny!

Or indeed be careful if you have anything written in Chinese. I know a guy who wanted a tattoo on his arm in Chinese characters saying 'Spirit of the Tiger'. When in a Chinese restaurant he asked the waiters to write down the Characters for said Tattoo. He went and got the thing done, only to find out that every time he proudly displayed it in Chinese restaurants, the waiters smiled and giggled. It turns out the 'helpful' guys he asked to write this down had put words to the effect of 'Gayboy loiterer do you want some' :}:}:D:D

He got it removed:}

Good luck with the medical:ok:

jester_icarus
5th Sep 2008, 05:43
its a good thing it did not read "cream of sum yung guy" :bored:

4931tom
5th Sep 2008, 21:29
Thanks guys. Takes a little of the worry out. Would hate to go over there and be shot down for them.

Al Fakhem
6th Sep 2008, 06:58
Please keep in mind that tattoos are linked with secret societies (triads) in traditional Chinese culture and thus not necessarily appreciated all around.

LarryDCableGuy
6th Sep 2008, 14:44
I just did my Chinese medical last month and I noticed that the nurses were giggling and pointing at my bulldog tattoo on my arm. I asked them if there's something wrong, and they said that they just wanted to find out what kind of animal it is. I politely said "it's a dog". :}

angryblackman
6th Sep 2008, 17:49
That would have been good, had it been the Chinese new year -"the year of the dog", instead of the "the year of the rat"

moon_towers
7th Sep 2008, 13:32
It's nothing to do with your abillity will not effect at all.

Dan Winterland
7th Sep 2008, 17:00
The amusing 'lets tattoo the gweilo with something they don't understand' is quite common in the Shenzen tattoo shops. I know of a woman who was sporting a "my abusive husband pimps me out" tattoo for a while!

Avoid Dragons/Cobras. Triad connections!

tommy4931
26th Sep 2008, 01:27
Thanks guys. 3 Irish/Celtic tats and 2 USMC tats. All of which you can't see with a short sleeve shirt on.

Left Wing
26th Sep 2008, 02:18
no hammer n sickel.....:p

rcl7700
26th Sep 2008, 03:04
Close friend of mine with a massive amount of tattoos had no issues with his chinese medical. He has some chinese characters on him and told me doctors and nurses were reading all of them. Should not be a problem I guess.

rcl