PDA

View Full Version : e-mail address

ginger
13th Oct 1999, 15:05
my company uses outlook express to run its e-mail acount, however we now want to have several address' for certain individuals, is there a program that can do this or can outlook express do it.
any suggestions gratefully apprecited

Nightrider
13th Oct 1999, 18:58
If it is on the same computer and it is the same person, why not simply create a new account with the different email address? Works well for me....

What_does_this_button_do?
14th Oct 1999, 14:48
You can ask your ISP to route the e-mails for you......

Or buy MS Exchange........

ginger
14th Oct 1999, 21:32
Nightrider & WDTBD,
thanks for the info a friend of a friend is coming around to look at it, also we have a few laptops which will have to have mail address' but be accessible from around the country

ps it has to be simple as not all of us are very computer literate

ginger

Triple INAS
14th Oct 1999, 22:26
Outlook Express allows for several email addresses per person. For each person in your address book, you can right-click on them, select 'Properties' then 'Name' and add further email addresses - one of them is designated as the default.

If you want the program user to have alternate emails the procedure is as follows:

From the menu toolbar, click 'Tools - Accounts - Add - Mail'. You can enter the details of the alternate address via the connection wizard that then follows.

You can create separate folders in your inbox for each address if you wish, otherwise all mail will be routed to the main inbox. If you use separate folders, go to 'Tools - Message Rules - Mail' and select 'New Rule'. You can then use several options to direct incoming mail. Eg "When the to line contains 'Fred' move to the 'Fred' folder".

I use this for several accounts on the same ISP. If you specify several addresses on different ISPs, it will (I think!) allow you the option to connect to each in turn.

ginger
15th Oct 1999, 21:38
Triple Inas,

outstanding have to try that as soon as i get back to the office

ginger