PDA

View Full Version : Lift overcomes?

tony draper
4th Sep 2008, 09:00
Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory

KANSAS CITY, KS—As the debate over the teaching of evolution in public schools continues, a new controversy over the science curriculum arose Monday in this embattled Midwestern state. Scientists from the Evangelical Center For Faith-Based Reasoning are now asserting that the long-held "theory of gravity" is flawed, and they have responded to it with a new theory of Intelligent Falling.

"Things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence, 'God' if you will, is pushing them down," said Gabriel Burdett, who holds degrees in education, applied Scripture, and physics from Oral Roberts University.
:uhoh:
Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory | The Onion - America's Finest News Source (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39512?issue=4228&special=2005)

MacBoero
4th Sep 2008, 09:21
Yup! Mad isn't it? If you have ever seen a rather bad film called "Idiocracy (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/)", maybe they're playing out the movie over there, but have forgotten to put the 'average' guy into hibernation!:E

Parapunter
4th Sep 2008, 09:25
I heard some talking head from the Republican convention on Today this morning complaining that the democrats were trying to separate church from state in the US. WTF?? Isn't that what the 1st amendment is all about?? T.J. will be spinning in his grave!

cribble
4th Sep 2008, 09:30
:8 Not like you to post something like this, Drapes, without giving the gullible a steer such as : "click the video tab under the Onion banner: good satire-priceless!"

ORAC
4th Sep 2008, 09:50
Gravity is an illusion - but it's not God - the Earth sucks....

mixture
4th Sep 2008, 10:02
If you have ever seen a rather bad film called "Idiocracy"

For those who have not ....Don't bother, no really, just don't !

I've been given the opportunity to watch it on two occasions, but have never managed to watch it from start to end .... it's that terrible.

Don't waste 84 minutes of your life I say.

A much better use of your time would be The Counterfeiters,Lives of Others .... :ok: (or indeed many, many other possible films, ....:cool:)

merlinxx
4th Sep 2008, 20:20
I've still got the late 60s California bought tee shirt "There is no gravity, the earth sucks!" Now I know why I'm vertically challenged:\

DAL208
4th Sep 2008, 20:46
Now, if i was god...and lord help me some days i really believe i am...i would have thought i would have had more important things to do than just press everything down...

'flippin eck...if only i had thought of inventing something to keep all these things on the ground...i dunno, some kind of...force..'

tony draper
4th Sep 2008, 20:56
Hmmm, if only one could figure out a way of canceling out this pushing down,one would be a very wealthy man.
:rolleyes:

frostbite
4th Sep 2008, 21:01
But not in the lavatory please.

con-pilot
4th Sep 2008, 21:36
Before anyone gets too carried away, the link is to 'The Onion'. A satirical publication that makes fun of about everything and everyone.

WARNING Not to be taken seriously. WARNING!

SoundBarrier
4th Sep 2008, 23:20
GOD
Gravity Operated Downward Force.

sorry.

Loose rivets
5th Sep 2008, 01:54
Regular ppruners will know about my passion for gravitational theory. A large part of my life has been spent wondering if my ideas have any validity...to the point that the 'G-word' is banned in the Rivets household.

However, One needs not look further than H G Wells to get some idea of what would happen if One had a plate of material that would shield gravity. The funny little professor down on the Romney marshes had a surprise in store when he first exposed his invention to the 'force'.