PDA

View Full Version : School Transfer

ATPLwhoops
4th Sep 2008, 06:27
Hello,

I'm really stuck at the moment, i am with one of the four CAA integrated schools. They are really messing me about i'm hardly flying due to aircraft / instructor shortages.
I have my CPL & all 14 ground school exams. I only have my IR / MEP / MCC to complete which i want completed by December. Would it be possible to transfer schools or go one stop modular for the remainder of my training. What do you think would be the job searching penalty for going off the integrated course and into modular. I just cant hang around waiting to fly anymore i need to be productive. Any advice would be appreciated. Anyone know the situation with other schools, i.e flying frequency, instructor situation etc....

Thanks

Leezyjet
4th Sep 2008, 12:13
Would it be possible to transfer schools or go one stop modular for the remainder of my training

Yes of course.

What do you think would be the job searching penalty for going off the integrated course and into modular.

Nil. As long as you have a license gained legally, most airlines don't care how you got it. (awaits incoming - modular vs integrated debate - again :zzz: ) If they do ask at interview, explain why you changed.

However have a chat with the CFI first at your current school and explain how you feel and see what happens then.

I think some of these schools often forget that as well as being a student you are also a customer too.

:)