PDA

View Full Version : Course / Training Recommendation

tian yu
4th Sep 2008, 03:48
Does anyone have any idea about a training or skill course that could supplement a pilot's license?

SNS3Guppy
6th Sep 2008, 03:40
That really depends what you want to do with your flying. I always found that an avaition maintenance background served me well.

Lookforshooter
6th Sep 2008, 04:17
Yes, I think Guppy is correct on this one...might I suggest some courses he could teach..1- How to fill up a hefty bag with hot air.2- Not getting love at the Airport? How to be a legend in your own mind on the internet.3- SOPS Manuals and Checklists: We did the thinking for you, so you don't have to.4- Your magical Airspeed indicator: How hitting V1 guarantees a plane will always fly.5- Flex/Derated Takeoffs: Just because you see the fence, doesn't mean it's unsafe.6- Simplified Balanced Field Calcs: Fly to the Fence and pull up.7- Flying on Fumes: The airline tankering method of putting profits before passenger safety.And they just keep coming.....

SNS3Guppy
6th Sep 2008, 06:37
I'd say you're good for a little less than 24 hours before being banned again.

LH2
6th Sep 2008, 18:44
a training or skill course that could supplement a pilot's license?

I suppose that much depends on your type of flying. For smaller operations, what has been said, being a qualified mech seems to help a lot. For airline type stuff, I've no idea... presumably getting on as many courses as your company offers? Other than that, perhaps language training or a good management course (most of the ones I've seen are absolute rubbish though).

I'd say you're good for a little less than 24 hours

The problem with these guys with only a handful of posts is that it makes you wonder if they're worth relegating to your ignore list as they'll probably be banned/go away soon anyway. My ignore list is already a couple screenfuls long as it is :cool:

Capot
6th Sep 2008, 20:30
Get a EASA Part 66 B1 (and B2 if possible) AME Licence, and get some maintenance experience under your belt. Then go for some useful type ratings. You'll never be out of a well-paid job if you are flexible and enterprising, and you already know a great deal of what you need to know. You are also well-qualified to run an airline if you can count beans as well, but why bother when there's other suckers to carry the burden of worry and hassle.