PDA

View Full Version : American Aviation (Formerly Anglo-American Aviation)

Xorthis
3rd Sep 2008, 23:16
I am currently a student at this flight school and thought it best to inform anyone planning to visit here to complete their JAA-PPL.

As of yesterday afternoon, American Aviation is no longer able to provide JAA flight training. If you are planning to visit to complete a JAA lisence, rebook with a school in Florida or do the FAA lisence instead.

Unfortunatly for the students here who are already 70-80% through the JAA training, they have no choice but to do FAA or go home. I myself am a student there currently, but am able to switch to FAA as I have plenty of time remaining.

I do not know the full details of why they can no longer offer JAA training, but it is down to a falling out with their partner school , California Flight Academy and NOT saftey issues or poor training.

~Xorthis

acuba 290
3rd Sep 2008, 23:55
why they changed name? who knows about that? I have done night qualification there last year and had very good experience with this school actually. And why they are depending on this California Flight Academy? Are they JAA approved? probably not...

nh2301
4th Sep 2008, 04:13
Good news for you! You'll get a better certificate!

duggie1979
5th Sep 2008, 10:57
thanks for letting me know.i was going to go there in january!maybe things will be back to normal then.

mcbenny
20th Sep 2008, 12:27
Hi there Xorthis, would be nice to know how things are doing there since I'd be interested in the same school for FAA training, any info would be apppreciated!!! :D

McBenny