PDA

View Full Version : Second Interview-Latest Information

Daddyskybucks
3rd Sep 2008, 21:37
I just did the second interview and would like to share some new information, as well as a couple of my own observations. I just had my interview this week in Hong Kong.

First of all during one of our briefings we were told that the pool of accepted applicants currently in the holding pattern would take all of 2009 to go through. If we are hired today we can expect a class date in 2010. This is due to some strategic fleet manouvering on the part of the company to deal with high fuel prices.

Next, because of some of the things I have read on this site I must relate what I witnessed and experienced.

I had read of some sort of percieved anti-american bias. I was the only american in my group, and I have to say hogwash to that. We were all treated equally, and that was very well.

I had read that the interview was hostile. Well, once again I did not see any of that. My interviewers were some very personable guys that I would be happy to fly the line with. Every briefer was considerate and freindly, every tester and/or examiner treated us as if we were already part of Cathay.

You could almost forget that you were there for an interview. My overall impresion was that they take care of people. The whole process was simply great. It is clear to me that Cathay is with out a doubt my first choice in which airline I'd like to be a part of.

arcticbeaches
3rd Sep 2008, 21:44
Thanks for the info.

Was it a DEFO or DESO interview? Any mention of what the hiring situation was for the other group (DESO if you were DEFO)?

Daddyskybucks
4th Sep 2008, 05:29
The interview was for DEFO. I did not ask or get briefed on SO plans, but I did meet a new hire SO that was starting the day we got there.

Woolfgang
6th Sep 2008, 14:48
Thanks very much for that information Daddyskybucks. I have had my DEFO initial interview in London cancelled so it is interesting to hear the latest on holding patterns and course dates.

Basil
8th Sep 2008, 19:21
Dan, you should have seen GF when I worked for them in the eighties :*

machten
9th Sep 2008, 16:23
I thought second interviews for DEFO were cancelled.

Daddyskybucks
10th Sep 2008, 01:42
After us I don't know, but we were not cancelled. We were there the first of September.

sioux115
10th Sep 2008, 15:17
When was your initial interview?

727 Whisper Jet
17th Sep 2008, 21:57
I have my 2nd DEFO on October 20th.

TheOne83
17th Sep 2008, 23:53
So if i didn't understood wrong the recruitment process is 2 interviews?? I'm currently working as a flight instructor in US and building some time, wich in a few months should meet the min. req to join as 2nd officer. very willing to relocate to get some jet time :) also european citizen. The airline look very enjoyable to work with!

FIRESYSOK
18th Sep 2008, 00:43
I wish you luck.