PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Cargo dumping A310?

newscaster
3rd Sep 2008, 13:11
They are said to be going to Kuzu Cargo from October, any confirmation?

Po Boy
4th Sep 2008, 03:27
Air Cargo News :: Latest Air Cargo News (http://www.aircargonews.net/article.asp?art_id=3636)

newscaster
4th Sep 2008, 17:55
Thanks, I wonder which destinations will be dropped.

G&T ice n slice
4th Sep 2008, 22:06
wierdly enough I have just been trawling the Skycargo schedules, and as far as I can see all the destinations current are still showing all the way through to next summer.

I believe that the first 777F is due this month so maybe they're going to move the A310s out as the 777F comes in. That would make sense, keeping a 'new' product close to home to get experience.

Mind you, on some sectors I would have thought the jjump from A310F to B777F was a bit big - 40 tonnes to 100 tonnes

speedygonzalez
31st Dec 2008, 15:40
I heard that EK will wet lease some of them back from Kuzu so these a/c might still fly on the same routings for EK.

slowto280
31st Dec 2008, 17:50
Hey 'speedy', is this solid information, or just a 'rumour'? :eek:

newscaster
2nd Jan 2009, 16:50
Accra, Khartoum, Johannesburg, Djibouti, Prague, Hamburg, Bahrain dropped others suspended, and might resume if fleet is leased back from Kuzu.

speedygonzalez
3rd Jan 2009, 14:41
i can say it was a quite solid information. EK gave 3 a/c to Kuzu but the intention was to lease back at least one of them to keep it flying.

However, it seems Kuzu is in trouble nowadays. They only got 2 of them and they are not going to get the third one it seems. therefore this might have been changed. Moreover, last week Kuzu laid over around 10 pilots due to economic crisis. I think the company is having difficult days nowadays. Turkish market is quite tough at the moment. There are 4 companies which have almost exactly same a/c: TK Cargo, Kuzu, MNG, ACT...these four companies have around 25 A310/A300's in total and they are all based in IST and competing with each other... Always a bloodbath in here.

It seems economic crisis will deepen and I hope one of these companies won't be one of the casualties. (of course, TK will always survive)

slowto280
7th Jan 2009, 00:29
Thanks for your response Speedy. Hopefully they will make a turnaround for the better.