PDA

View Full Version : Qatar MIA & EWR "open days"

Jungle Jet Junkie
3rd Sep 2008, 12:34
Just got an invite for an interview w/ Qatar in MIA and EWR for a F/O slot . Is there anybody out there with any gouge on the interview. How do they conduct it ?? Is there any written exam (Math or Tech.)?? On the e-mail they told me the sim would be in Doha; if I passed the first interview ...any word on how they do that as well (Equipment an profile).

The only things that I\ve been able to find on the forums here are kindda negative. There has to be some truth to it but in all honesty I would rather check it out myself ......no offense guys... So if there is anyone out there with any in, it would be great to have some gouge posted. If you don't feel comfortable posting the gouge just PM me.

Thanks

pilotflying76
3rd Sep 2008, 20:02
I need your e-mail.
Contact to [email protected]

BDD
3rd Sep 2008, 21:44
JungleJet,

What aircraft is the interview for?

Thanks

Lulu qatar
4th Sep 2008, 04:02
Aske them is it true when i resign that HR will hold my salary for 3 month ? And is it true when i resign i can not leave country for 3 month except for duty ?
Is it true is litle small man see me doing walk around without hat its a warning letter and my fleet transfere is gone ?
Is it it true that salary is less then EK and EY and K.A ?
Is it true if i report sick i need to tell them same night that am fit for tomorrow ?
Is it true that i could be forced to carry knife in cabin to SAA by litle small man or he will ofload me and find him self a new CP ?
Is it true that cabin crew mananger ( Snake ) has more power then any CP ?
Is it true that normal house will cost you 3500 $ /month and you live in Doha not in London ?
If they answer anything out of that NO its not true they will lie .

Maverick
4th Sep 2008, 05:58
This list in Not Exhaustive.

Will I be able to switch careers ? Am I qualified to do another decently paying job?

Will I be able to get the money I will continue to earn as a pilot, from my prior Investments?

If the above lead to a 'NO' Answer then :

Will I loose my Type-Rating / Currency soon?

Will I be unable to support myself & Family with the money I have saved till the time I retire?

Do I need to work to pay for living?

Do I want to relocate? Will my family cope?

Is it worth giving it a shot?

What if I cannot get in to The airline of my Choice?

If Any Doubt.

Then You will get your Answer!

Please feel free to Use Pilot Discretion to make your Choice

LAND ASAP red

OR

LAND ASAP amber

Cheers!

Mav.

skya320
4th Sep 2008, 14:22
No more Mushareib or Al Mansura for new joiner... Now they can go directly to Ain Khalid Gate Compound.

ForzaLazio
4th Sep 2008, 19:00
ok, besides scaring me, does anyone have any actual info on the interview process. what do you do? a written test? what else? any info will be greatly appreciate it. thank you much

JCUERVO
4th Sep 2008, 19:47
Bud I sent you an email already, I have my interview this month, Ill give u the straight and narrow once I'm done with the interview on the 15th!

JT

Lulu qatar
4th Sep 2008, 21:44
Dont be scared you got a job already mate . QR is desperate for pilots and they dont have a lot of apllications . All smart and good pilots going to Emirates and Etihad or Korean if they fail all 3 then there is always Doha and litle small man to take you .
O yea i forgot to say there was few pilots already in jail in Q.A for different reasons which wouldnt put them in jail in western world .
Aske youre wife if she like to be in place where in Sept all restourounts and shoping malls are closed all day except at night . And no mini scirts or bikini .
Youre salary looks nice but house and 2 cars + living cost ( starbucks caffee for 3 person is about 28 $ )
Come over lets see how long a western wife can take it .

FlyingCroc
4th Sep 2008, 21:50
The place sucks, much worse than Dubai or AUH. But if you have no job or want to upgrade to a nice big aircraft, give it a try.

Black Stain
4th Sep 2008, 22:48
Pursuit of The Goat is an admission of failure everywhere else. Jungle Jet Junkie, Brazpilot and ForzaLazio should be applauded for honesty and humility.

Those naturally selected for The Goat all share an important role in the Goat Airways ultimate destiny.

Congratulations.

loc22550
6th Sep 2008, 16:35
"American will not come here...they will go to Dubai or Abu Dhabi with they wife and kids!Because in Dubai there is life!They might come here,but most of them will leave after six months.."

Those words are not from me ..but from a American colleague working here in Qatar airways..so i guess he knowns what he is talking about....
Wait and see who is right&wrong?
Cheers.
loc.

IRISHinUS
6th Sep 2008, 20:05
Crikey, is it not possible for you guys to give some actual information for those of us considering our options instead of some obscure hints about little men and goats?

Half of this stuff I don't even understand: Carrying a knife in the cabin? Can't leave the country for 3 months? (what they hold you hostage?), you are required to wear a hat while doing your walk-around: that doesn't seem too muck to ask.

As I understand it Emirates etc is better but hardly anyone is hiring now. Cathay has even canceled SO interviews.

In light of that, how about some concrete info?

Competitive mins?
Training contract?
Upgrade time?
rostering (min days off)?
Ease of commute (to Dubai US etc. if that is necessary)
Quality of training?
Etc etc

skya320
6th Sep 2008, 20:48
You can forget about commuting if you work for QR
As for roster, if you are not on 320 then it should be ok
Upgrade time can be approx. 5-7 years (Company min. 3 years in company with min. 5,000 hrs)
Quality of training? Good quesiton

FlyingCroc
6th Sep 2008, 21:01
before you getting into something you might not like. This is a complete different ballgame here in the sandpit, anything else you have ever seen. You need to be open minded, ready to accept a complete change of life for you and your family. Forget commuting anywhere, you sit in the dust-bowl until your 21 days of leave is up, thats it. And what you read here is for the most part true, everything comes with a price-tag. :E

P.Clostermann
6th Sep 2008, 21:18
In the ME you are not allowed to leave the country, unless you have approval from your sponsor I.E. QR!

Carrying knives....to cut a long story short sometimes upper management gets involved in our day to day ops. One captain refused to carry VIPs with daggers on his flight. The guys did not want to hand over the weapon so he denied them boarding. CEO got involved. Capt was offloaded and received warning letter for insubordination. Replacing Capt accepted to do the flight against all regulations but as a favor to the boss. (That person now is a chief pilot!)

One little piece of advise: be sure to get all info before coming here! Its a different world all together!

By The Way, there is NO 777 base planned in the states for at least another 3-4 years so dont let them fool you during the roadshow!

Mr Ho
7th Sep 2008, 02:33
If chief of katamites want me wear knives I wear it. What is problem? Goat is like in home army. Yes sir, no sir, yes sir, all day long I march sir, and only good thing I say sir. What is problem if do as told? Just do. I here of captian carry 357 magnum + amo in goat cockpit. What is problem, katamite tell him do it, he did, happy everyone :8

Mr Ho
7th Sep 2008, 02:38
For interview ForcaLazio, I just make hello and put jar of vaseline on table, all laughing ha ha ha. Get job no question :8

Lulu qatar
8th Sep 2008, 06:02
LOOK SOMEONE IS TELLING THE TRUE ABOUT QA.
ITS SAD BUT ITS TRUE .
NEW EVPO AND CT WANT TO BRING ALL BRITISH AND WANTTO MAKE ALL BRISTISH SOMEONE AND SOMTHING IN AIRLINE EVEN IF THE SAME DID HARD LANDING IN KTM OR SO .
NEW CT AND EVPO ARE AGAINST FLEET TRANSFERE BUT GUESS WHAT ? BOTH Mr. UK COME TO Q.A AS 320 RATED BUT TOOK A330 CCQ HA HA SO WE CAN BUT OTHERS NO ( WE HAVE TO SAVE MONEY ) LOL LOL
IF YOU WANT TO LOVE YOURE EX AIRLINE AND YOU WANTTO BE PROUDE OF NEXT AIRLINE JOJN QR AND YOU WILL EXPERIANCE THE 5 STAR PENETRATING IN YOURE A....!
NO SALARY INCREAMENT LAST 2 Y AND NEXT 3Y "LONG TERM PLAN OF SAVING MONEY ".

AA78
9th Sep 2008, 08:37
Guys knock on the HR door, and ask for a job.
Perhaps falling all over themselves, in the process, to get on that shiney jet.
Once there, they bit@h and moan.
Tough s..t, shurlock, get used to it.
You asked for a job, now start actually working for a living.
Don't like the company, or its employment conditions?
Pack your bags and leave.:rolleyes::rolleyes::{:{:{:{:{

Ronaldo 330
9th Sep 2008, 15:41
AA78 did you pack already ? plz pack and go from PPRUNE

kknudsen2
14th Sep 2008, 22:38
Hey Amerigo,

I'll be in Piarco all day tomorrow... (Holiday Inn, Trincity)

Don't know much about QR interview, just cram for technical stuff, mental math, and own a/c + OPS Specs, treat it like a big check ride.

I recon just get to a comfort level with your own company standards, and then some.

Good luck,

KK

flyingsaucer
17th Sep 2008, 16:12
hi i also got an invite.

i will be going on the 26 in miami.
Anyone going on that day?

and anyone with informnation on the content of that interview.

Thanks

flyingsaucer
17th Sep 2008, 16:42
is the interview process one day or the 2 days?

picollo
17th Sep 2008, 17:35
I was told that it was a one day process.

I will be in EWR, any one else??

flyingsaucer
17th Sep 2008, 20:39
after all i will be in EWR on the 23 rd

anyone else any cheap hotels close by?

LittleFokker
18th Sep 2008, 02:21
EWR on the 23rd also :ok:

LF

Flying_Distrails
18th Sep 2008, 09:02
Guys guys,

They asked for info on how to join . They didnt wanna be steered away. Let them see for themselves whether they like it or not. I know three guys flying for Qatar who seem to be quite happy and one of them has his wife and kids with them. Heck I too am toying with the idea of joining them.
I dont think these guys are gonna change their minds about going till they see for themselves. I know you are just frustrated with what the Big Bosses do like I Too am. But give these new guys a chance to get that fancy Wide body on their ticket before they can call the shots.

No Offence meant to anyone

Kree

B787J
19th Sep 2008, 05:38
'open Day' Heard Its By Inviation Only ..... Check Before You Get There And Are Embarressed.

Mr Ho
19th Sep 2008, 12:24
Goat is graet airline I love here. All good to me, luvly cuntry all people nice (but not indian in offise). Big chief not scary, realy is little man in life. No problem here if you will to bend over a bit and take wot come :8

violet08
20th Sep 2008, 23:55
Will be in Miami for the roadshow. Is this a true interview or just a meet and greet with a presentation??

teddyr61
12th Oct 2008, 17:04
saw your thread and i'm looking at an interview..what's it like-gouge, did you take the job and are you happy there?
thxs,
mike

Capt Krunch
14th Oct 2008, 04:14
you guys have no idea what your getting yourselves into... buyer beware, your in for a big suprize.. don't be a fool and read between the pprune lines, remember there is always truth in the sarcazm.

Poisoned by Compromise
Krunch

ForzaLazio
27th Oct 2008, 03:17
Hey all, just wondering if any of you guys that interviewed at the end of Sept in EWR/MIA heard anything from QR. They said mid oct, but nothing yet, at least on my end...

DoubtingThomas
27th Oct 2008, 04:40
Hey Forza-

Haven't heard anything yet... I was at EWR on day 1.

Sent an email to Mr. Rodrigues last week, no response. So I guess I'll just wait and see!

Tom

hans37pilot
30th Oct 2008, 04:32
I just came back from the sim assesment this monday Doha things went well got change from the 777 sim to the 320 sim as it was busy at the time , the assesment was basic take off ,engine failure while cleaning aircraft ,ils single engine with a go around came back to land 1 engine, take v1 cut relight the engine came back for a visual circuit and land 2 engines.

bump
31st Oct 2008, 04:36
JUST A QUESTION,

AFTER BEING SHORTLISTED AND PUT INTO THERE "HOLDING POOL", HOW LONG DID YOU WAIT FOR THE CALL UP FOR THE INTERVIEW.
HAS ALREADY BEEN SOMETIME FOR ME.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY:ok:

hans37pilot
31st Oct 2008, 06:59
Well I went to the interview on the last days in sep , then they ,email me on the 15th and I was in doha on the 28.

777AV8R
1st Nov 2008, 04:01
Does anyone have a current email address that works for the HR dept?

Thanks..

hans37pilot
3rd Nov 2008, 06:06
[email protected]

Capt Krunch
3rd Nov 2008, 08:40
Unless your completely out of a job, you better think long and hard before coming to this, the darkside.

this IS a rumor network it's true.. but there is also much truth spoken as well.

Buyer beware.:eek:

Poisoned by Compromise
Krunch

hans37pilot
10th Nov 2008, 20:56
Well it bets putting up a taco stand like my former Chief Pilot or like several of my collegue's who have put up hotdog stands, since the recent bankruptcy of 6 airlines in mex this year

smartpilot
11th Nov 2008, 21:24
Well, some honest thoughts to who ever considering QA.

QA gives all the pilots good experience, type ratings and a fair salary but not compatible with the quick inflation rate.

just to remind my colleagues here whom are attacking QA, if u did not join QA, where would u have been by now, which equipment would you be flying now! don't have to answer on the thread but keep it in your mind.
for those whom complaining about the Bikinis, and hot shorts, if you are in Rome do like romans does, so you must respect the religion and culture, if your wife is giving you hard time, it's your fault since you did not do a good research before you move to the desert ( you are in the desert cause you need the job and the money) so don't relief from your wife's pressure on this thread:)

Major problem with QA is management, which if you guys check with EK and EY you will find mostly same complains and suffering plus or minus, but very close to the level that some times i feel I'm reading complains written by QA pilots.

CONCLUSION: if you know your rights, follow requirements and procedures, stay away from managements, do your flights and go home, understand and respect religion and culture, you should have no problems and welcome to QA.

Note: any attack or unwelcome comments by colleagues will be ignored and moved to my ignore list.

also to cut it short and be ahead of any attack, I'm not a management pilot, nor an a.. kisser nor a.. l...., just had to put fair loud thoughts.

Chauuuu

loc22550
12th Nov 2008, 07:01
And for sure you are not a 320 CPT in QR, otherwise you will not be so "Happy" here..?
Am i wrong?

smartpilot
12th Nov 2008, 08:22
LOC

you are right I'm not on the 320, but use to be till very short while ago.
you are wrong, I'm not very happy as u think, I have many things disappointing me but at the end I keep looking to the big pictures and always drawing hopes for the future.

ramiyns
12th Nov 2008, 08:29
smartpilot,
It's smart reply,very balanced very truthful.
I hardly write here but read it sometimes.
What really made write this time is the person who replied to your post,
Since first few days I start reading Pprune I noticed loc22550 in all of his 680+ posts was very negative about QR .
I do not know how he survived all this time being so miserable in QR,I recall a year ago he was so happy that he got his position with Etihad, Well, he still with QR.I guess the reason is so obvious.Yet he still No.1 complainer.

loc2250,If you are not happy with QR or Qatar,why have you not moved when the opportunities were abundant.So stop telling people what do while yourself couldn't do it.

los22550,you are not a captain cos you couldn't do it,and you are still here cos you couldn't make it
SO, Stop nagging and be grateful to Qr providing with the job that thousands better than you are praying to God to have it.

Happy flying.

loc22550
12th Nov 2008, 10:15
Ramiyns,Let me correct your wrong post:i might be too negative but at least when i post something it´s true and correct,..not like you:

-I never went for the interview with Etihad.(mentioning i got the position with EY).

- yes i´m a CPT.

P.Clostermann
12th Nov 2008, 16:50
Smart Pilot

:ok:Good post:ok:

Most of us are not 100% happy here, but one should never forget the big picture.

Well written!

Pacificbird
18th Nov 2008, 20:50
Hey Lulu Qatar,

Has anyone ever told you that are one selfish,arrogant SOB, that can't say anything nice but continues to B@%$H all the time about everything. If you're not happy than "LEAVE". Stop the complaining,crying. We're fed up of constant negative outlook ion life. :mad:sake

Emma Gemma
20th Nov 2008, 10:36
People complain all the time but needless to say it's sad with all those staying there for years, complaining about their situation and the company, and still not doing anything about it!