PDA

View Full Version : JAA CPL Training UK, USA, Spain????

Yankee Bravo
3rd Sep 2008, 10:44
Hi

Just finish my ATPL exams and am ready to crack on with the CPL training. Preferably i would like to complete it in a 2-3weeks rather than it dragging on. Can anyone recommend a good flying school?

Neon Circuits
3rd Sep 2008, 10:57
IMHO avoid the USA and consider European options. Bad experience gained with a US school after the event. Isolated incident I'm sure but other contributions from other people may not make it an isolated incident!

PM me for more if you want.

NC.

nibi786
3rd Sep 2008, 12:31
Ello!

Just a quick note regarding your 3 week completion theory.

A cpl MAY (providing weather is very good) be able to be completed in 3 weeks but i have only heard of one person that has achieved this! My personal suggestion is to take your time with your training - especially something as important as your CPL....This is pilot training and my degree research has shown how rushing things can affect three of the most important commercial variables (safety, efficiency and comfort).

PM me if you want more info - but just a helpful pointer :)

VFR-Seek and Destroy
3rd Sep 2008, 16:42
Did my UK CPL with OBA in 2006 in just over a week. No problems with OBA. Training good. Skill test done with an examiner (good examiner, relaxed, won't try to catch you out although was quite clear that if you did anything unsafe or dangerous you would fail) that was also used by Oxford in Pheonix so if he is considered good enough to be used by them then the quality has to be good.

Dane-Ger
3rd Sep 2008, 18:43
Spain? I thought you couldn't do a CPL in Spain with CAA ATPL exams? or is an agreement now in place between the two authorities?

hughesyd
3rd Sep 2008, 19:09
your right you cant. At least with UK ATPLs and complete the CPL in Spain. I have managed to get my ATPLs completed in spain to be recognised by the UK CAA which i think is a first!!!, but not the other way it seems.