PDA

View Full Version : DC10 mystery...

Euro_Pilot
3rd Sep 2008, 09:37
Who owns the three ex-MyTravel DC-10's (3D-MRR, ZS-GAS, 3D-MRQ) standing at O.R. Tambo Int?

SpootNICK
3rd Sep 2008, 10:36
The DC-10's are owned by Global Aviation. Two of them have become hangar queens, and ZS-GAS was re registered somewhere in Africa. Apparently its used on a Hadj Contract once a year.

Unconfirmed details, but thats what I heard in the bar somewhere. :)

SN

CALCULATOR
3rd Sep 2008, 11:17
Just for your info one of these DC 10 did fly once last year.Apparently a test flight.

Goffel
3rd Sep 2008, 14:11
I do believe they were looking for a DC10 instructor at the office the other day.....I must ask if it had anything to do with these a/c.
Maybe coincidence.
Goffel

Euro_Pilot
3rd Sep 2008, 15:59
Thanks for the info. It seems as if Global Aviation might own all three DC10's Global Aviation (http://www.global-aviation.com/fleet_dc10.html)

E1509
13th Oct 2009, 22:38
2 of the 3 DC10-10s were being used On Haj flights From Dakar to Jeddah earlier this year being flown by various S American, N American and Bangladesh crews. There is talk of them going into Kabul but not sure.

Maurice Chavez
14th Oct 2009, 20:52
The guy that owns them is Murrad Ismail, if I'm not mistaken....If that answers your original question.

AAL
16th Oct 2009, 05:50
Murrad Ishmael was involved in persuading the American owner to bring the aircraft to South Africa to fly SANDF personnel on peace keeping operations, and what was foreseen illegal immigrant repatriations, and of course Southern Africa Hajj flights.

Because none of this materialised the owner and Ishmael have long since had an acrimonius fall out. Ishmael is not the owner and today has nothing to do with these aircraft.

The 3 x 10-10's yearly parking bill probably amounts to more than the value of the aircraft, and any potential income from Hajj flights cannot even cover annual maintenance costs on one one of the machines.

According to industry sources the Saudi authorities have stipulated that only aircraft younger than 20 years old can obtain Hajj landing slots. This works well till the last moment when the flying becomes a free for all and anything goes.

Sparepartsguy
26th Oct 2009, 08:19
Jonathan Rosenzweig from Global Aviation is linked closely to them. Last year one of the DC10's was in African Renaissance Aviation Hangar