PDA

View Full Version : Next year I'm going abroad for a holiday.

gingernut
2nd Sep 2008, 21:12
P*ssed down for 2 weeks, awning blew away, went for a surf, and its hurricaine 'effin' Watergate.... YouTube - Watergate Bay High Tide 18th August 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_QpZNKiAsQ)

Wanna go Florida.:uhoh:

merlinxx
2nd Sep 2008, 21:48
You me the kids and the whole of the country, lets just get the **** down to OZ, and all get melanoma just for fun! At least we can shaft EDF, NPower,BritGas et al!

Radar66
2nd Sep 2008, 22:02
yeah ginger, we saw all the combies pelting it back norf on the 303 and the M5... ;)

passed a few and rubber necked in case you were one of them! :ok:

ShyTorque
2nd Sep 2008, 23:20
Lost our holiday after a couple of days too, but I would have preferred to have been washed out. We had to return home at an hour's notice because of a sudden bereavement in the family. :(

btw, merlinxx, melanomas are no fun.....

arcniz
3rd Sep 2008, 03:13
Next year one will find abroad for a holiday.

lexxity
3rd Sep 2008, 08:53
Can confirm abroad is good. We went in January. It was very hot. I think we will find a warm abroad again for next years winter holiday. Probably sometime in August.

sisemen
3rd Sep 2008, 09:04
I'm definitely going abroad for my hols next July. Trouble is I'm headed your way!

(here today - Unremitting sunshine and blue skies, OAT 25C, and it's supposed to be winter!)

Der absolute Hammer
3rd Sep 2008, 15:56
Very good! An extension of discussion perhaps? Why would anyone from abroad come to England for their holidays?

sisemen
3rd Sep 2008, 16:28
Kids, grandkids, old mates etc etc etc Plus the fact that parts of Blighty are truly wunnerful. And I have a new wife who I would like to experience the longest day in the northern hemisphere.

corsair
3rd Sep 2008, 16:31
Next year, holidays abroad will be banned due to climate change. So it's too late!

Der absolute Hammer
3rd Sep 2008, 16:51
Good reasons siseman but mostly people type reasons. Those are the best of course.
Suspect corsair closer to the point than he might like. Standby for demolished airlines and green taxes?

Atishoo
3rd Sep 2008, 18:42
dont understand how anyone can go on holiday in the UK.

1) Rain
2) Cloud
3) Wind
4) Freezing cold sea
5) Generally bad food
6) Rubbish accomodation

You cant organise anything like a BBQ, birthday, NYTHING THAT REQUIRES BEING OUTSIDE.

This country is extortionately expensive.

Yes im generalising, but really if anyone were honest would they take Isle of Wight over a Greek Island? and if you say yes, i dont believe you :)

Beatriz Fontana
3rd Sep 2008, 18:50
The British weather has been under the control of Iran. The odd patch of Sunni but mostly Shi'ite....

Hat, coat, going....