PDA

View Full Version : Housing and educational allowance?

sunking
2nd Sep 2008, 17:04
I was wondering how most companies handle the housing allowance?

1. Is housing allowance given in your paycheck, ie, can I rent a room and pocket the rest of the allowance, or Do you need proof of payment up to the allotted amount?

2. If I take my family down to the ME can we home school? And if so can we pocket the educational allowance? Or do the companies pay the allowance to the school of your choice directly?

Ayla
2nd Sep 2008, 18:23
Sounds like it will be fun for your kids, being taught at home in you rented room!

OrryFace
2nd Sep 2008, 20:28
Probably depends on the airline. At QR the full housing allowance is paid in your paycheck and you do not need proof of any rent payment. However, depending on your circumstances don't expect to have much, if any, left over!
The education allowance is only paid against receipted proof of payment of fees to a recognised establishment. So you would get zilch for home schooling.

cf680c2b
2nd Sep 2008, 21:24
Does QR provide company accomodations these days or you have to get your own?

If company housing is provided, an honest, unbias assessment/details (i.e. sq ft., pool, gym, play ground, shopping, etc.) of it would be appreciated.

Thanks

ezypezy
3rd Sep 2008, 21:13
Likewise guys, I know QR pay an allowance, but how is that used? i.e. do the company provide accomodation and you rent it back? are you sent out into the free market?

Whats the deal?

And yes I've used the search function, which apart from unearthing the usual moans that exist in EVERY job, I'd like some specific info please :ok: