PDA

View Full Version : Peru,Chile or Ecuador

watchyourairspeed
2nd Sep 2008, 14:49
Hola a todos los participantes,

I am posting the thread just to inquire about the chances/opportunities of getting a job as a expat FO (A320) working and living in Peru, Chile or Ecuador (any of the local operators).

I heard that the market in these countries is in demand of pilots and the governments were welcoming foreigners. Can anyone pls confirm if that is true ?

Saludos,

WYA

flyvargas
2nd Sep 2008, 21:14
Go to Lan Peru or Lan Chile threads. Hiring now.

DC10/767
3rd Sep 2008, 14:59
As far as I know, you have to be peruvian to apply. They don´t accept foreign people without citizenship

flyvargas
3rd Sep 2008, 18:22
This is incorrect. Lan Peru hires any andean community citizens (peru,chile,ecuador, bolivia, colombia, ven). They will soon post an ad in the Madrid paper for pilots, according to their recruiter.

FlyingOW
3rd Sep 2008, 18:59
This is true, many foreigners now hired at LPE, thanks to the "Pacto Andino". Didnt know about them recruiting in Spain.........good intel. Remember spanish is a must for now.

Saludos,

OW

YV757
4th Sep 2008, 03:03
Coño OW, mandame el e-mail de contacto por favorrrrr!!!! I've sent you two PM's and I'm still waiting your reply........Gracias......

Saludos,

YV.

FlyingOW
4th Sep 2008, 03:35
Relax man, not sure I like your tone.............Have no idea what the current email for pilot recruitment is. I have been keeping an eye out in local newspapers for recruitment ads but nothing, probably becuase most of recuitment seems to be overseas for now. Maybe some of the guys who went for interview in Miami can help you out......... they must have been given a contact address at the job fair.

OW

YV757
4th Sep 2008, 18:37
Ok, thanks......Sorry 'bout that. I'll keep looking. :ok:

Saludos,

YV.

supermd11
10th Sep 2008, 15:58
Hi YV757,

I can give you some intel, I went to the the interview here in Miami, PM if you are interested...cheers.

N2257F
11th Sep 2008, 01:15
went to the LP interview in miami also, passed all phases, but got a voicemail today from HR saying that they only wanted foreigners with min of 2500tt.

flyvargas
11th Sep 2008, 01:46
That's certainly strange! I mean, they knew your TT before the process started so why go through the whole thing and then tell you that you don't meet the mins? I too interviewed and i'm still in the final process. Good luck anyhow.

SW_US
4th Oct 2008, 03:07
Family is from Peru, majority is still in Lima, and Arequipa, born in the U.S. should be no problem formalizing Peruvian citizenship/residency rights.

1000TT, 700 Jet, CRJ

Where may I obtain more information on Lan Peru?

What documents are required in order to apply to Lan Peru?

I do not speak Spanish fluently, but I pick it up easily after being in country for a month or two. Thank you in advance.

EagleA25
16th Oct 2008, 19:28
SW_US
The naturalization process for family members of Peruvians is not as "facile" as you might think, especially if you were not born in Peru and you’re over 18. You have a family right, but not a "birth" right, becoming a citizen might even be impossible. But even if considered for citizenship, I know from one friend who is a permanent resident here they might ask you to resign your US citizenship for your Peruvian... which no one in his normal state of mind would want to do.
Instead of citizenship, try permanent resident based on family. That is enough to work and live in Peru. The process can and will take a few weeks, though. Paperpushers here in Peru "toman su tiempo, amigo"... everything is taking a lot longer here...!
You will need at least an CPL IFR ME, and for FO the minimums of what I heard last (for foreigners and permanent residents both applicable) is 2500 hrs total time but no time in jets or multi.
You need to get your logbook stamped by the local FSDO to convert your license and confirm you flight time. The process of conversion can usually be done “parallel” to you training once you’re in the company. It includes taking the ATPL exam (99’ FAA database, available and encouraged to be taken also in English) and then the practical in the Simulator and on the line.
Spanish might not be the problem for you, but for the company is an issue, not because you are able to pick it up quickly, but the company can not risk investing a type rating on an A319 (FO's go through a full Type rating course for SIC ratings) and 4-6 months of pay only to find out you did not pick "it" up "as fast as you thought". LAN Holding's company language is "Casellano" and there is very heavy resistance to change that (You would not even be able to ask for vacation or time off with the OPS secretary if you don't know the native language:}) Sorry!
Hope that helps

chock2chock
17th Oct 2008, 13:23
To be able to go to another country, work as an expat with a top notch outfit and fly heavy jets with a minimum requirement TT of 2500 (regardless of type) is still very generous indeed. Also, from what I understand, with LANs very extensive interview process, which consists of psychometric testing, language tests, interviews with psychologist, ATP style exams etc, all conducted in i believe, 'castellano' will probably give them - and you a very good idea of how you will cope with the language.