PDA

View Full Version : Bisho upgrade

Selfloader
2nd Sep 2008, 10:10
The MEC for Roads and Transport Ms Gloria Barry will pay her first visit to BhishoAirport today at 14h00.

MEC Barry is expected to tour the newly-upgraded facility, which cost the Department of Roads and Transport R78 million.
She will also visit the Rwandan student pilots, who are currently doing their training at the airport under the tutelage of the Port Alfred-based 43 AirSchool.

During this visit, Barry will meet the 43 AirSchool management to discuss their expansion plans for the airport and the department’s future plans for the airport, following the completion of the upgrade. - press release

Am I missing something here? I always thought that Bisho was a
bit of a white elephant with no chance of rehabilitation. Must be something in the pipeline for the state to spend this much on
it.

TooBadSoSad
3rd Sep 2008, 08:51
DDMow, you obviously don't know what it costs to run a flight school. Schools in Europe and the Desert charge up to R1 million or more for a residential Multi CPL.

Training in SA is cheap but unfortunately, at many schools, it is too cheap and this is why there are so many unhappy students who are trying to leave for the more "expensive" schools they thought were too expensive in the first place!!

Cardinal Puff
3rd Sep 2008, 09:18
Thought training was meant to be standardised. Most folks will pay what they can afford. Because a school charges less doesn't necessarily mean it's less professional or offers a lesser service. Algoa is a good example.

Not so subtle digs at the opposition who charge reasonable(?) rates, hmmmm?

And yes, I realise you're not with 43.

Flyer14
3rd Sep 2008, 09:44
Plenty of excellent schools in Joburg and PE at decent costs. Having seen 43 and a few overseas schools - 43 or any other school in this country is unfortunately not in the same league as the overseas academies.

Training is still good nonetheless.