PDA

View Full Version : OE 5.5 Lost "CONTACTS" data

Tartan Giant
5th Mar 2002, 00:30
Hello chaps,. .. .I'm been running OE5.5 for ages now, and with no problems until tonight when after walking the dog, I returned to find the screen saver on (ops normal) and when I opened up OE to send an email I noticed I had "lost" all the CONTACTS within that panel !. .. .I still have them available, one by one, by using the top tool bar icon "ADDRESSES"........but that does not help much having had made up loads of folder "Lists" for sending group messages/club messages.. .. .Can anyone help please recover/export my email addresses back into the CONTACTS panel in toto....or do I have that balls aching job of doing it one after the other ?. .. .Many thanks,. .. .TG

Evo7
5th Mar 2002, 00:37
Have you checked the <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=EN-US&pr=kbinfo&" target="_blank">Microsoft knowledge base</a>, TG?

Tartan Giant
5th Mar 2002, 02:07
Hi EVO7,. .. .Tried that earlier this evening and there just now, but the richest man in the world's search engine is "down" on the site when I looked for OE 5.5 stuff, and even the link to the Newsgroups fires up an Error 404 !!! Thanks MS you really are tops......not.. .. .Cheers,. .. .TG

FLEX42
5th Mar 2002, 16:43
TG, don't know what windows version you're on. It might be worth trying the "System restore" function, it's helped me a couple of times with registry entries that were corrupted.

Tartan Giant
5th Mar 2002, 22:01
Hi Flax 42,. .. .I'm, running Windows ME and I tried that........came up with the same snag !!. .. .The "restore point" was one where the machine was behaving itself.. .. .Thanks anyway.. .. .Cheers,. .TG