PDA

View Full Version : No more Mr Nice Guy -- now he's really pissed off

Low Flier
1st Sep 2008, 21:13
Remember the Swiss ATC cockup? Remember the murder of the ATCO who cocked it up? Now read on:

If Vitali Kaloyev killed anyone in Georgia he is not telling. One thing is for sure, though — the “Ossetian of the Year 2007” can wield a knife to deadly effect. The 52-year-old engineer, who is Deputy Building Minister of North Ossetia, has a bloody track record.

In February 2004 he stabbed to death a Zurich-based air traffic controller who was on duty the night that Kaloyev's wife and two children died in a mid-air collision.

The Swiss court that sentenced him to eight years in prison heard grisly details of the revenge attack: Kaloyev had turned up at the home of the controller, showed him pictures of his dead family, then plunged a 14cm (5in) blade into the man's stomach, heart and face.

As soon as Russian radio announced that South Ossetia was coming under Georgian attack he got into his ministerial car and drove through the Caucasus mountains to join his fellow-Ossetians. Kaloyev, said his neighbours, has gone to war — again.

For Copyright reasons I'm not pasting much of the article here, but you can read it here (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article4629152.ece)

eastern wiseguy
2nd Sep 2008, 00:00
ATCO who cocked it up

Unfair....and uncalled for...as for the murderer:ugh::ugh:

con-pilot
2nd Sep 2008, 00:02
Yup, that eight year sentence for premeditated murder sure affected his life.

galaxy flyer
2nd Sep 2008, 00:03
If the Swiss court gave him 8 years, how come he is free in North or South Ossetia? I don't remember the details, but some Geneva controllers were also tried for manslaughter.

Anyone with details to add?

GF

con-pilot
2nd Sep 2008, 00:11
If the Swiss court gave him 8 years, how come he is free in North or South Ossetia?

Good behavior, he only killed a couple of people while in prison. :p

Standard Noise
2nd Sep 2008, 12:26
the ATCO who cocked it up

Unfair and uncalled for indeed. That guy's wife is still an ATCO and although afaik she is no longer operational, she is still in the business and may be a contributor/watcher of this website. Have a bit more intelligence when you post, you imbecile.

Cap'n Arrr
2nd Sep 2008, 13:52
Wait, I'm confused. That article seems to be praising him (or it's a little past my bedtime). What the F:mad:k?:ugh:

Roger Sofarover
2nd Sep 2008, 18:30
Low Flier

Thank you for posting the news, however, your intro

Remember the Swiss ATC cockup? Remember the murder of the ATCO who cocked it up? Now read on:

Is an utterly moronic statement.:ugh::ugh: I don't want to say any more really.

merlinxx
2nd Sep 2008, 20:36
It's all about emotions folks, if we ain't been down that route, we can not have an opinion surely. Emotions are very, very powerful.

Say what you will, I doubt if anyone here has had to cope with a situation such as this..

galaxy flyer
3rd Sep 2008, 02:46
C_P

If he were here in Massachusetts, he could have been on weekend parole like Willy Horton. :E :eek: