PDA

View Full Version : Apache

bishop99
1st Sep 2008, 18:32
Evening,

Does anyone know the reasoning behind an Apache flying in the LHR zone a couple of weeks ago?

Although wonderful to watch it was slightly disconcerting as the police helicopter seems to be the norm. I suppose it gave the Apache pilot the perfect view of real aviator's at work ;)

Cheers.

hoodie
1st Sep 2008, 19:22
I suppose it gave the Apache pilot the perfect view of real aviator's at work http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/wink2.gif

Uh-oh (http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/nol/newsid_6380000/newsid_6386500?redirect=6386597.stm&news=1&nbwm=1&nbram=1&bbwm=1&bbram=1&asb=1). :=

minigundiplomat
1st Sep 2008, 19:32
Does anyone know the reasoning behind an Apache flying in the LHR zone a couple of weeks ago?

Because they can? Are you going to tell them they can't?

Answers on a Hellfire.

bishop99
1st Sep 2008, 19:35
I was only joking about the 'real pilot' thing.

It just seemed unusual thats all.....

ShyTorque
1st Sep 2008, 19:40
Does anyone know the reasoning behind an Apache flying in the LHR zone.....

Because they can't get round some of the corners if they ground taxy. :hmm:

diginagain
2nd Sep 2008, 04:59
In a word - training.

There's a coup coming up, and time spent in reconnaisance is seldom wasted.

merlinxx
2nd Sep 2008, 05:17
It's about bloody time, go for it folks then you'll get the funding you need, I'm sure Dear 'Auntie Betty' will give her approval!

RotaryWingB2
2nd Sep 2008, 06:51
*sigh*

I miss 656. :{

serf
2nd Sep 2008, 06:59
He was looking for somewhere to land, all MOD airfields will soon be sold.

PICKS135
2nd Sep 2008, 08:11
Because they can't get round some of the corners if they ground taxy.

Plus they refuse to pay the congestion charge:ok:

minigundiplomat
2nd Sep 2008, 11:35
I saw a BT van in Basingstoke yesterday. What was he doing there, can anyone help?

Also, I am thinking of joining up but feel being colourblind, asthmatic and only 2'4 may work against me, also would I have to complete any formal training before flying a fighter?

I also have an interest in airshow photos and looking for information on mess functions, especially if anyone has noticed CAS speaking at said events.

Missed anyone?

Oh yeah, and JPA and the airbridge don't work and it's all movers/blunties/aircrew (delete as applicable) fault.

I also think the Navy are better than the other two services, and should take over the RAF, as long as noone takes their Ipods away.

ProM
2nd Sep 2008, 12:24
minigun, you may have problems being a fighter pilot but your lack of qualification, lack of experience, bitterness, intentions towards armed forces and state of sanity all make you highly qualified

To be the next PM. Have you thought of joining the Labour party? They are likely to have an opportunity available for a PM. It is a very short term contract admittedly.

timex
2nd Sep 2008, 19:44
But the pensions better....:E:E:E

UglyOneOne
26th Sep 2008, 11:15
it was a simple enough question...whats with all the sarcasm?

Gnd
26th Sep 2008, 16:20
Nothing against you but the truth is boring, we can and do if training or expediency says we should. The sarcasm is just to pad out the mundane truth.

No offence I m sure and we can't afford hellfire in UK so you are safe there, the corners are a problem with a tail dragger so flying is the preferred option.:8

wg13_dummy
26th Sep 2008, 16:47
it was a simple enough question...whats with all the sarcasm?

Its PPrune. :ok:

fayslag
27th Sep 2008, 18:43
I saw a Squirrel doing a quick stop on Ev Dz last week on SPTA - what the hell did he think he was doing?:=

Al_Paché
28th Sep 2008, 11:34
That's nothing! Whilst basking in the freedom of my back garden enjoying a nice cup of English Breakfast tea, I noticed an ant crawl over my shoe. When I asked him what the hell he thought he was doing, he muttered something about 'essential training' and scurried off.

I immediately wrote to my MP and now enjoy a 500' avoid around my shoe and have been assured that the question will be raised in the House of Commons. Hopefully the miscre(ant's) training budget will be cut by a third in the not too distant future....