PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Manch

Flubbadubbadubba
6th Jul 2001, 04:22
Just wanted to use this forum to pass on a heartfelt thanks to the ATCO who was on Manchester Centre frequency 124.2 this evening (5 July) at approx. 1700Z.
We had been waiting for ages to get airborne for our return to Cranfield, and after a non-standard departure, he soon cleared us direct to destination.
Have to say, it was the busiest I had ever experienced on a sector, not just in the UK but across Europe- the poor guy hardly paused to breathe.
I know forums like this are used more often than not for an opportunity to moan, but I'd like to be the exception to the rule and say "Thanks Manch!!!"

StoneyBridge Radar
6th Jul 2001, 13:05
Flubbadubbadubba

I know the guy who was plugged in on the sector often browses here, but I don't think he's registered to post.

He had a printout showing the movement rate for the sector was 50, peaking at 55 for the hour, so you were correct...rather busy.

Manchester operates on the R&C principle, ie every sector has a Radar Controller, a Co-ordinator, and of course an Assistant. Not wanting to be pedantic because your sentiments are well founded, but if praise is due, it's probably owed to the entire team on the sector at the time. :)

Way to go Mike :)

cossack
6th Jul 2001, 16:43
"...after a non-standard departure"
from 06L, southbound, dual-runway ops...
surely not! :)