PDA

View Full Version : Is it unusual to go from distance learning back to full time ATPL theory?

ali1986
1st Sep 2008, 00:08
Has anyone done this and was i better?

ali1986
3rd Sep 2008, 09:05
Anyone????

3rd Sep 2008, 10:24
From what I have picked up from reading stuff on here for the past year or so ......... it's not common place, but it's also not that unusual.

It can happen for any number of reasons such as pressures of work and family. Also, not everyone is cut out for that method of study and it can be a lonely process at times, requiring plenty of self discipline.

I'm afraid I can't comment on switching from DL to fulltime classroom, but I'm half way through my exams DL and I can back up that what people say about Bristol GS getting results.

Good luck.

Whirlygig
3rd Sep 2008, 11:58
Is it unusual to go from distance learning back to full time ATPL theory?

This surely implies that you started off on a full-time ATPL course, transferred to DL and then back to full-time. Therefore, you should know which you prefer. If that is not what you meant, please could you clarify?

Secondly, nobody can answer the question as we are alll different, with differing circumstances. What suits one person may not suit another.

Cheers

Whirls

ali1986
3rd Sep 2008, 12:34
''This surely implies that you started off on a full-time ATPL course, transferred to DL and then back to full-time''

Yes thats basically what im saying, other than im thinking of going back to full time, i just wondered if anyone else had done this, how common/uncommon it was?

Leezyjet
3rd Sep 2008, 12:38
I started off DL with Bristol, but through not being diciplined enough after working 12 hour shifts at an Airport, the last thing I wanted to do was then come home and have to trawl through those books.

I then decided to switch to Full Time, and it was the best move I ever made. I wasted 18 months plodding through DL and only got half way through phase 1, and had them all done and passed in 8 months doing it full time.

No reflection of Bristol though, and if they had done full time I would have gone there, but ended up going to London Met instead, met a great bunch of new friends on the course and had a great time along the way.

:ok:

ali1986
3rd Sep 2008, 12:55
yeh im at london met too, i find the disipline quite tough too being at home i think if i was back it would be better for me and quicker too