PDA

View Full Version : My friend Posh wants to be as famous as the other Posh

EGCC4284
1st Sep 2008, 00:57
My friend Kerry AKA Posh, flew with me a couple of weeks ago.

I told her I would put the video on you tube and she asked would it make her famous ? What do you think.

YouTube - Kerry Simmons AKA Posh, flying a Cessna 150 plane (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDwZdkoaI3g)

pillockbrain
1st Sep 2008, 08:28
After five minutes of your music choices I was hoping to see a missile strike...
Pretty pilot, though! :ok:

Standard Noise
1st Sep 2008, 11:07
Na, she'll never make it, needs to be wearing a pair of unfeasibly ridiculous looking sunnies before fame comes a calling.:}

EGCC4284
1st Sep 2008, 12:54
Interesting point pillockbrain, any idea's of a more suitable track.

standard, I will let her know

Loose rivets
1st Sep 2008, 15:58
I notice the horizon had no trouble remaining erect.

Effluent Man
1st Sep 2008, 16:30
I had always assumed that "POSH" as in Mrs.Beckham was an ironic name,as in calling people five feet tall "Lofty".Either that or she was considered relatively posh compared to the others.In either case I don't think too many people would find themselves perplexed by her etiquette.Maybe she eats her McDonalds Fillet o'fish with fish knives?

Miserlou
1st Sep 2008, 21:13
I thought Posh as in Spice Girl was called Posh because she had a GCSE and the others didn't.

G-CPTN
1st Sep 2008, 23:13
. . . was born to Anthony and Jacqueline Adams at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow, Essex and raised in the prosperous area of Goffs Oak, Hertfordshire. Her father was an electronics engineer and the success of the family business meant a wealthy upbringing for Victoria and her siblings.

Posh attended St. Mary's High School in Cheshunt and Jason Theatre School in Broxbourne. She was embarrassed by her family's wealth and often begged her father not to drop her off outside the school in their Rolls Royce.

Howard Hughes
1st Sep 2008, 23:44
Another empty kitchen....;)

Effluent Man
2nd Sep 2008, 11:52
Rolls-Royce,Sounds like someone was trying too hard. Lower middle-class aspirational,not exactly the same thing is it?

Lafyar Cokov
2nd Sep 2008, 12:30
I thought she was posh - as in a posh [email protected]!!!

Checkboard
2nd Sep 2008, 17:25
Is this the first of a series of slightly naff transport adventures? :ok:

Kerry Simmons AKA Posh, driving a Vauxhall Cavalier
Kerry Simmons AKA Posh, sailing a Jeanneau Sun 2000 boat
Kerry Simmons AKA Posh, riding a vespa 50cc scooter, etc

She could become famous as "That girl in the naff transpor adventure videos on u-tube" :ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
2nd Sep 2008, 17:35
The celebrity cult? Fame for the sake of being famous?

She looks bright enough. Surely she has more ambition than that....:ooh:

Union Jack
2nd Sep 2008, 18:41
One would have thought that she would be perfectly happy with being so much better looking than the other so-called Posh for starters - especially with having legs reaching from earth to heaven!

Jack

PS Taking up the point made by Pillock, however, I'd like to think that Kerry had better taste in music, not least because she's probably a much better singer .....:)

Miserlou
2nd Sep 2008, 19:09
I noticed one of her aliases was The Brighton Nutter.

Now, I know Brighton a little and there is quite stiff competition for that title.

I suggest it is already for an image make-over or at least rethink the artistic direction.

gingernut
2nd Sep 2008, 21:56
It's a lovely video, but don't let the aerodromes favourite instructor see that 200 foot drop in the first left turn, else she's liable to get a tap from the extendable lecture pointer!

But boy oh boy, she'd be able to fly that aircraft:).

EGCC4284
2nd Sep 2008, 23:13
Her first time ever up in a light aircraft, so the 200 feet down was no big deal to me.

She doesn't fly and isn't learning to, just up with me for the first time. I showed her how to turn the thing, then she took the control's for a while.

Reference aerodromes favourite instructor, is that Martin your on about by chance.

Howard Hughes
2nd Sep 2008, 23:32
Is this the first of a series of slightly naff transport adventures?

Kerry Simmons AKA Posh, driving a Vauxhall Cavalier
Kerry Simmons AKA Posh, sailing a Jeanneau Sun 2000 boat
Kerry Simmons AKA Posh, riding a vespa 50cc scooter, etc

She could become famous as "That girl in the naff transpor adventure videos on u-tube"
I reckon you are on to something there Checkers...:ok:

PS:Two hundred feet on her forst flight, that makes her a veritable ACE compared to some I have flown with!;)

Loose rivets
3rd Sep 2008, 06:45
Oh c'mon chaps. Yer gotta admit Victoria is really upper class. I mean to say, when she was looking for houses in LA, she walked into one that had furnishings that were, erm, a tad nouveau. She didn't let us Brits down.

"Nice house, but it looks as though someone walked in 'ere an puked over it."

That's tellin' em.

gingernut
3rd Sep 2008, 21:18
'tis indeed, and she did very well:)

Say hello to him from nurse "NFR."

EGCC4284
5th Sep 2008, 21:05
"NFR" lost me on that one

Loose rivets
5th Sep 2008, 22:37
Well, I reckon she's really, really seriously nice. One would watch T/V a lot more if she was on it. Just compare her to that Clarkson fella. Sheeeesh.

If she's a yen to get on the telly box, then that's a thumbs up from me.;)