PDA

View Full Version : Another Thread deleted

FlyingOfficerKite
31st Aug 2008, 22:26
Start a Thread to discuss the economic future of Ryanair and it gets deleted.

Start a Thread about a tragic event concerning an accident to a passeger jet and a feeding frenzy is allowed to continue amongst the sensible and professional opinions surrounding the crash.

'Rumours and News' seems to be allowed to thrive on voyeuristic comment to satisfy the demand of the media and public alike to achieve a new level of 'credibility', rather than a bespoke Forum for professional debate.

No doubt this Thread will be deleted too by the Moderator gestapo.

Ah well!

So much for the freedom of speech our forefathers fought and died to achieve.

FOK :mad:

Buster Hyman
31st Aug 2008, 23:28
Start a thread about closed threads and...*click*

BlueDiamond
1st Sep 2008, 01:40
Yet another person who has no idea of what the concept of free speech really means, or that there are occasions when it will not apply. Freedom of speech is not absolute, nor has it ever been. Anything you write here is as subject to the in-house rules as anything you say in public is also subject to rules. Try making a racist/sexist comment in a public arena, for example, and see how far your "freedom of speech" gets you as you defend your case in court.

Free speech is not a licence to say anything you like and get away with it. Moderators choose to delete posts/threads from time to time ... that's the way it is.

Wedge
1st Sep 2008, 01:52

This is a privately owned and run website.

Who said you enjoy freedom of speech here?

Bealzebub
1st Sep 2008, 10:05
After signing the "Official Secrets Act" !

wing_it
1st Sep 2008, 10:10
I find it interesting that many owners of websites react in this way - they wouldn't last 5 minutes in the academic world where the minute you put pen to paper some viperish wannabe is trearing your carefully crafted prose to shreds :) :) :)

BlueDiamond
1st Sep 2008, 10:14
Well this web site has lasted considerably longer than five minutes, so maybe your attempted comparison is not a valid one.

... some viperish wannabe is trearing your carefully crafted prose to shreds
I wonder why that might be ... :E

ArthurR
1st Sep 2008, 10:14
FOK, freedom of speech is only an expresion, like father christmas, and the easter bunny, it does not exist.......:ugh:

wing_it
1st Sep 2008, 10:18
Well this web site has lasted considerably longer than five minutes, so maybe your attempted comparison is not a valid one.

Quote:
... some viperish wannabe is trearing your carefully crafted prose to shreds
I wonder why that might be ... http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/evil.gif

look I had a hard night ....:p

BlueDiamond
1st Sep 2008, 10:23
http://209.85.12.227/12099/121/emo/PMSL.gif Hope it was a good one though.

Signed, the viper ... :E

Parapunter
1st Sep 2008, 10:33
Happened to me this weekend too. Why winge & whine about it? It's someone else's bat & ball, so if the kids don't play nice with you, play somewehere else. And can I quickly say publicly, sorry flaps for getting under your skin x:ok: