PDA

View Full Version : Morality

elgringo
31st Aug 2008, 19:50
Ok, I may be preaching to the Choir, but even thou I am a 6 year based FO, it is making me sick that CX is hiring DE F/O's into the passenger fleet while we have S/O's and F/O's on the property who want these positions. SICK... How is it that someone quits from CX as a freighter FO and then is rehired as an FO on the 777??

Where is the morality and "buisness ethics"?? Better yet, where is the AOA?????

I am VERY disappointed by all this.:(:(

I know, I know, I know, same with the DE Captains.

Poohboy
31st Aug 2008, 21:34
6 year based F/O eh mmmm...... wasn't there a dispute going on at the time?

elgringo
31st Aug 2008, 22:00
that is on the 6th year of the pay scale. 5 years at cx. dispute was "allegedly" over.

elgringo
31st Aug 2008, 22:11
doesn't matter what, cx does what it wants.

Apple Tree Yard
31st Aug 2008, 23:16
Never mind that the basings agreement states: ' no officer will be hired directly onto a base'. Needless to say, CX ignores the spirit of that clause to the extreme. The quickening loss of morale in this airline is leading to difficult and unhappy times ahead.

iceman50
1st Sep 2008, 07:01
elgringo

The dispute may have been "over" but did you honestly think the company were going to treat YOU any differently?:ugh::ugh:

elgringo
6th Sep 2008, 17:53
I am not being treated "badly" I am on the pax fleet on Senior F/O pay. My point is that I feel bad for those guys that are on the freighter while new joiners are on the pax fleet as DEFO's making more working less.

HeavyWrenchFlyer
6th Sep 2008, 22:43
It's not all that bad if you just consider this place a stepping stone from day one. If they want to be a harvesting grounds for FedEx, UPS, etc... let them, I for one don't mind, I don't give a sh!t what's painted on the tail of what I fly. They are hell bent on maintaining a level of discontent to make sure the only ones that stay are the ones with no other good oprtions. They want to save on training cycles by hiring directly to bases off the street (one training cycle) instead of letting one with seniority go to the base from a differrent fleet (one training cycle) and hire the one off the street into his/her position (another training cycle). But they're not saving anything when hiring picks up again and the passed up ones leave in droves in disgust causing a whole sh!t load of training cycles to take care of the shortage created by the exodus.

If you have half a brain in your head you should have absolutely no loyalty to the company you work for, none, zero. Especially if it shows none to you, like this one. But if you enjoy assuming the position of bent over with your pants down, then suite yourself.

GlueBall
7th Sep 2008, 16:10
Unless you are one Hong Konger, you are merely a "guest worker." Just as soon [six years?] as you are able to fully comprehend that, then your beetlebrain will become less stressed. :ok: