PDA

View Full Version : Freehand

Tosh McCaber
15th Jan 2002, 00:53
I've just upgraded from an old Applemac Centris to an Imac. Also upgraded from Freehand 3.1 to Freehand 10. The 3.1 documents originally created on the Centris were taken over with no problem to the Imac via an Iomega USB adapter. Unfortunately, whilst other applications were also taken over succesfully,the original Freehand 3.1 documents will not open with Freehand 10 on the Imac, (perhaps because they were created on too early a version?)

Anybody out there got any thoughts, or solutions to my problem? Any help will be most appreciated.

FL310
15th Jan 2002, 01:16
Any chance to save the pics under a different file extension, or export.....

clutchcargo
15th Jan 2002, 02:00
Tosh
I had the same problem between Freehand 3.01 and 8
You are correct in thinking that the versions are too far apart to be able to use them. Although there are a couple of options you can use...

The best and possibly easiest is to do an export/import of the file and save it as a different type. This may take a bit of fiddling to find one that is acceptable by both versions but generally the jpg or jpeg is the most suitable.
There is available for 8 (I don't know whether it would be the same for 10) an addon which can be downloaded from the macromedia website which allows you to import and open files prior to version 4.

hope this helps

Tosh McCaber
16th Jan 2002, 12:04
FL310, Clutchcargo-

Many thanks for your suggestions- I'l let you know how I get on!