PDA

View Full Version : Booking a class 1 appointment

CaptainDan
31st Aug 2008, 14:40
Hi All!

I'm wanting to book my class 1 medical soon, but am just wondering how far in advance i would have to book it.

Thanks

CaptainDan

Euro_Pilot
31st Aug 2008, 14:49
I phoned about a week before my appointment. Just phone them and ask when is the earliest you can come in for a class 1 medical.

Philpaz
31st Aug 2008, 18:27
Booked mine on a friday, did it the following tuesday.

JohnRayner
31st Aug 2008, 22:01
Yup, when I rang they were offering appointments within 7-10 days. Took me a little while to get something other than answerphone though!

isi3000
31st Aug 2008, 22:37
I called last week and they said the next date they had available was for the 12th September

Whirlygig
1st Sep 2008, 06:13
Just bear in mind that you will lose your fee if you cancel so make sure it's a date you can make.

I was also told, AFTER I booked the date, that there was a possibility of having a particular eye test involving drops in the eyes which would mean that I would not be able to drive afterwards so make sure you have a back-up plan in this case before you book the date.

As it turns out, I didn't need the test and I'm not sure whether they still carry it out; this was three years ago!

Cheers

Whirls

Philpaz
1st Sep 2008, 11:47
When you get the written confirmation of the date there is an info leaflet that does mention the eye drop test but i never recieved it. I took a friend in case I couldn't see properly for the drive home, was still good to have a friend there with me though. Long old drive from Yorkshire.

p.s. That was 6 months ago

XXPLOD
1st Sep 2008, 13:17
I did mine earlier this year. No issues, booked an appt for c2-3 weeks ahead. All v straightforward.

Re: the eye test - it's not a big issue. I drove home afterwards. It's more a case of if you have any reaction you may not be able to drive for a few hours.