PDA

View Full Version : PC12 Avionics.

skyewolf179
31st Aug 2008, 14:08
Is there anyone out there having problems with PC12 avionic systems, for eg: efis screens blurring, autopilot systems kicking out, flight director giving wrong info etc ?

I have also had cabin and underfloor heaters burn out in my aircraft,....can be very dangerous !!!

:ugh:

evolved
3rd Sep 2008, 00:24
I have a fair bit of experience on PC-12's. I have not worked on one for a few years but I remember them well. The least reliable system I found was the stall/pusher system. I lost count of the number of times a plane would return with a pusher caution. Another problem area was the flaps. Flap cautions were common but 90% of the time a flap reset would fix it. The blurring EFIS screens is due to a suspect power supply board in the screens and is not uncommon. One area that we didn't have may problems was the autopilot / flight director. They just seamed to keep working. I have had a few underfloor heaters fail. I also have had several pitch trim actuators fail. Infact I have never replaced one due to it reaching TBO.
They are a nice plane to work on but they have their fair share of avionics problems.