PDA

View Full Version : JPA/Allowances Question

dallas
31st Aug 2008, 09:40
Having just discovered there is no longer a section called Allowances at my base (it's now called Auditing, which I think tells a tale), can anyone recommend the best route to finding out what you're entitled to claim, for example, on temporary duty in HOTAC, and does anyone know where the daily rates that you're not allowed to go over, are actually listed?

PSF have been helpful, but they're not necessarily SMAs, and while I'm happy to explain the hopeless new system to a courts martial, I'd prefer to remain within the law and only claim what I'm entitled to.

Elmlea
31st Aug 2008, 10:30
If you can get on the intranet, they're all listed in JSP752. From a couple of weeks ago, if you're in CHBS (or whatever they're called now) HOTAC then you're entitled to £24.52 DS and £5 IE.

Sospan
31st Aug 2008, 11:04
JSP752 is available HERE (http://www.rafcom.co.uk/pay_allowances/pdf/JSP752.pdf)

dallas
31st Aug 2008, 11:59
Brilliant - thanks fellas

rej
31st Aug 2008, 15:15
Dallas

As far as I know the rates for HOTAC are dependent on regions (ie postcodes). Subsistance allowances are as Elmlea quoted. If you are using the service formerly known as CHBS will not allow you to go over the regional limit without the details of your TLB holder whose authority you must have received.

Good luck and standby for the constant JPA auditing.