PDA

View Full Version : info on Thai Airways

MajorLemond
31st Aug 2008, 02:49
He guys i`m an Australian citizen currently working in Australia flying turboprops, and was interested to see the requirements for Thai are that you must be citizen of Thailand and have a degree of some sort... are there any aussies at all flying for Thai airways? if so i`m keen to hear how you ended up there!!! :)

cheers M.L.

B772
31st Aug 2008, 03:02
No Aussies working in Thai these days.

MajorLemond
31st Aug 2008, 03:06
that really sucks, is there any particular reason for that? what about Bk airways????

Passenger 07
31st Aug 2008, 08:17
1) Thai Group: you must be Thai national. It is in the regulations of TG.
2) Bangkok Airways is currently releasing all expats.
To my knowledge, only 2 are still there until end of their contract. More, with current situation, BA is "overstaffed" and does not need any pilot (info coming from Management staff)

Kapt
31st Aug 2008, 08:53
Have to be a national of Thailand.

Budgie Smuggler
31st Aug 2008, 10:16
If your motivation for this question is to live in Thailand (as I would like to do), then you would be better off getting a job somewhere else in Asia and using Thailand as your base. Bangkok is within 4 or 5 hours flight time of most locations in Asia, and if you were on a commuting contract it would be a very viable proposition to commute between Bangkok and ....wherever.

Expats can buy property in the form of Condominiums (Condos) in their own name and as long as you are careful there are still some bargains to be had. Stick with Bangkok (or maybe even Pattaya) as you do not want to spend too much time travelling once you arrive in Thailand.

As per the other feedback, it seems as though Thailand is more or less (with few exceptions) for Thai nationals only when it comes to work.

Best of luck,

BS

MajorLemond
31st Aug 2008, 13:01
so if you attain citizenship then you can work for em?

Ejector
31st Aug 2008, 14:01
You would be way better off, working for another Asian carrier, and commuting.

Getting a Thai Passport to fly for Thai,,,,, and pay 42.5%tax on it, up to you?

ZFT
1st Sep 2008, 01:57
Just about everything has been covered correctly except TG pays all income tax for all their staff.

ACMS
1st Sep 2008, 02:27
It's quite simple really.

If Thai are short of Pilots then YES you can get a contract

If Thai are not short of Pilots then NO you can't get a contract

At the moment they are NOT short of Pilots.

End of story......