PDA

View Full Version : lights over Cambridge?

TotalBeginner
30th Aug 2008, 23:23
I've just driven back from a friends house and turned the corner at the end of their street to find everyone in the road taking pictures of the sky. There were around 15 orange lights tracking northbound. What type of aircraft were they? Balloons maybe? (this was at 23:55)

chiglet
31st Aug 2008, 00:02
They were B.I.S
watp,iktch

Pontious
31st Aug 2008, 00:05
B.I.S, Chiglet?

Guest 112233
31st Aug 2008, 10:11
What is B I S for Gawd Sake - Saw nothing 2.6 NM South of Cambs City Centre last night. Its not Night Sky diving or something like that is it, or Chinees / Asian lanterns - re Funeral Commerations Etc.

When walking the Dog.

CAT III.

chiglet
31st Aug 2008, 11:14
Beer Induced Sightings....:ok:
watp,iktch

Guest 112233
31st Aug 2008, 13:33
Ta. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Twas closing time, not Chrismas day in the workhouse and cold hunger rattled his dry bones at the gates of the treasury - I'm seeing things too. It was the last fragments of hope ascending to Heaven from this septered Isle (or Great Shelford).

Just had the Gas & Lecey Bills

CAT III

TotalBeginner
6th Sep 2008, 21:41
Well, at least I know I'm not going mad.

Somebody has written in to the Cambridge Evening News asking the same question...

Lights in sky

DID anyone else see the lights (30 all one behind the other) moving across the sky towards Ely/Huntingdom way on Saturday/Sunday at about midnight?
Keith Goddard

Somebody must know what they were?

FantomZorbin
7th Sep 2008, 08:24
Last time I saw something like that it turned out to be a l@zer display, some miles away, being reflected off the cloudbase ... on the other hand, we might not be alone! :bored:

Who's up for a conspiracy theory re: the CERN experiment:E

SpringHeeledJack
7th Sep 2008, 11:38
or Chinees / Asian lanterns - re Funeral Commerations Etc.

It would seem that almost every instance of such sightings, whereby a line of "lights" are seen slowly moving through the sky are concluded by the verification of some birthday/wedding/funeral event where the release of such chinese lanterns takes place. These (type of lantern) would be the likely culprits...

http://www.sourcing4u.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=28?ref=googlead2&kw=chinese%20lanterns&gclid=COiCyLDLyZUCFRSO1QodlkSqig

Regards

SHJ

HZ123
7th Sep 2008, 11:47
Another concern might be is that so many Cambridgeshire residents are related and their genes having failed to be diluted by outsiders can cause individuals medical problems. This is often manifest by the appearence of celestial lights and bright spots in the sky sometimes which in this case was viewed by many.

On a serious note I am sure you have viewed something unusual and it happens all the time. Take no note of the cynics views many of whom spend too much time on various websites and would never see anything unusual as they never go out apart from their weekly collection by Dial-a-Ride.

TotalBeginner
7th Sep 2008, 21:18
I must admit, when CATIII suggested lanterns I totally dismissed the idea. But now it has been brought up again, I've just looked at some images of them on google. I think they're probably the most likely culprit. They emit the right sort of light (subtle orange) and they're certainly big enough to be seen from some distance!

Case closed I think :ok:

stator vane
9th Sep 2008, 16:29
out on their way to make more crop circles!!!

Sepp
9th Sep 2008, 17:07
For those that have never seen Sky Lanterns:

YouTube - Sky Lanterns from BigFireworks.com (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7VlW95cKY&feature=related)

Many UFO sightings explained, methinks.