PDA

View Full Version : Charity Flying

Lamboo1
30th Aug 2008, 19:45
Hi Ladies & Gents,

About six months ago I was selected by a Great Airline, flying a plane I love. Needless to same I have been extremely happy achieving my dream, becoming an airline pilot :) I have settled nicely and just love every minute of it!

In my spare time I do some voluntary work with Kids at my old school and even at the orphanage in an other town. I thought what about doing some charity flying in africa? I was wondering whether any of you folks out there know of any organization of some sort that would accept such an offer. I am also willing to cover the cost of the conversion training. I wish to do this maybe for a few months next year.

Any Suggestions? I would appreciate a PM if you have any leads or any person/s i may contact!

Thanks to all for your help!!!

C

Bucket
30th Aug 2008, 21:35
What you're talking about sounds like unpaid voluntary flying. This is a very fine thing to offer but think about those who are still trying to break into the industry and secure that first job. You have yours and it is wonderful that you are enjoying it; moreoever it is clear to see that your heart is in the right place by offering your services free of charge but...

...in doing so you may deprive someone of a much needed job themselves.

Tread carefully. Try some of the mission companies if you have that calling but they usually employ there own.

Best wishes.

:ok: