PDA

View Full Version : LHR to Bogota return

gdiphil
30th Aug 2008, 17:29
I am travelling from LHR to Bogota on the 9th September via Miami on AA. It is a return trip leaving Bogota on the 14th arriving LHR on the 15th and once again via Miami on AA. I am travelling in Y. Any advice on anything relevant would be most appreciated.

malagajohn
30th Aug 2008, 22:11
Have plenty of cash to buy your drinks:ok:

spiney
31st Aug 2008, 18:45
It's been a few years since I've travelled this route but the connection was tight. There's effectively no transit system in MIA or at least there didn't used to be, so the drill was; Go through Immigration, dash across airport (MIA is BIG).. Head for Gate.. spend 45 mins getting through Security.. run to gate.. board as they're closing the door... If your connection is less than two hours, ask the Cabin Crew before you land what's the best solution, 'cos you'll need all of those couple of hours.

Enjoy Bogota - fantastic city, but stay safe.

Coming back - BOG can be a stressful airport, crowded, lots of Security... check-in early, chill, enjoy a snack or a drink after you've checked-in and don't go to the Gate too early - there's not much out there... :ok:

gdiphil
16th Sep 2008, 21:22
Thanks for your replies, they were helpful.

Malaga, I never worked out the currency so I'm not sure if the drinks were pricey or not, but the beer was good.

Spiney, your comments re: Miami were helpful and I made connections only because of delays due to weather and a technical fault. You are right about Bogota airport being stressful but fortunately I had a contact in the airline industry there who whisked me thru to the front of each queue. Never had that before, like flying in first. I didn't like Bogota at all, but the people were wonderful.