PDA

View Full Version : Emirates......Reply?

john negussie
30th Aug 2008, 16:24
I'ts been 7 weeks since my interview and so far nothing. Has anyone intervied early July and heard anything?

Fart Master
30th Aug 2008, 16:57
...may take while as all recruitment has stopped at EK at present. The team are helping the Dubai loco carrier with their recruitment

Obbie
6th Sep 2008, 22:00
Have your refs been checked ?

If so then just wait. They often take 8 weeks or more to finish.

There are no positions until next year anyway, and they will
just put you in a pool so there is no rush.

doz4dllrs
7th Sep 2008, 04:18
I just got the word that I'm the pool. Does anyone know if it is first in and first out? How long will the wait be?

Fred Garvin M.P.
7th Sep 2008, 04:51
Probably first part of 2009. Boeing's and Busses are all delayed. The 310's all sold so those pilots are mainly transitioning over to the Boeing except for a handful of the trainers, which are going to the Bus. Classes are all full for the remainder of this year and not anticipating any further hiring until next year due to delays and the 310's being sold. Several in the pool in front of you so my guess would be that you would start class, at the very earliest, in February.

Congratulations on being selected.

F.G.M.P.

Bypass ratio
7th Sep 2008, 05:27
Hey Doz4dllrs, "I'm the pool".....What a classic!! I can't wait to fly with you morons!! I am going to give you hell:O

Seriously are you dyslexic as well?

KANELA
7th Sep 2008, 06:40
hi everybody,
i am just wondering a question.........
i already done many interviews in my country, Spain, for emirates and etihad, all of them unsuccesful. what about doing an assesment day in london???? do you think i am crazy or however i still have a chance??
please i need your help.
thank you in advance

Bypass ratio
7th Sep 2008, 07:27
Personally, I think you're crazy.

halas
7th Sep 2008, 07:44
What jobs have you guys had "interviews' and been "pooled" for?

If your after the 380 toilet/shower cleaning positions, l think they are all taken.

halas

KANELA
7th Sep 2008, 08:54
personally, i think i am not crazy, is the only way to get the job.
my first interview with emirates i passed through all stages, but i failed with the references, after then, i didnīt passed even the second stage, i think is depending on the recruiters.
ek is multicultural, why shouldīt I go to london?
i hope positive answers.

Easy Ryder
7th Sep 2008, 10:58
KANELA, i think your cabin crew right? If so wrong forum, there's a wanabees cabin crew forum which has a lengthy Emirates thread - probably best asking your question there.

Good Luck.

Netset
7th Sep 2008, 12:38
Those of you you have recently attended the Emirates Pilot interview, may I please ask where the interview is now taking place? Are they being held at the new Emirates Group Headquarters near Dubai Airport?

Obbie
7th Sep 2008, 15:29
I'm not sure but I think you get pulled out based on your interview date.

Can anyone confirm if the pool is sequenced on interview date or
something different.

Kenny
7th Sep 2008, 15:34
A friend of mine is a CA on the 310. He spoke to his next door neighbour, who's in the HR Dept and apparently what he was told was the following...

"After the interview there were 3 options. No thanks, yes with a class date, yes without a class date. I assume you are choice 3. Within choice 3 there are 145 guys. Of those 145 they are divided into 3 groups. With a type and scored high are in the first group, second is not typed but with lots of experience, 3rd is met all the criteria and passed the interview. Group one gets offered first, etc. Probably no classes before Feb 2009. They are restarting interviews in Nov. All 145 that interviewed will be offered jobs at some point."

This was about a month ago and like everything in aviation is subject to change on a daily basis.

Oil coming down is good but the proposed strike at Boeing isn't.......

fatbus
7th Sep 2008, 15:44
kenny is correct and I would add that they can continue to fill group 1 if more guys apply with type and time(and do well) so the groups 2 and 3 can be delayed more

Obbie
7th Sep 2008, 15:46
Thanks Kenny

When you say type, do you mean a type on one of EK's types
or just some airline jet over 20K

Kenny
7th Sep 2008, 17:42
Obbie,

I take it to mean anyone that has a Boeing or Airbus type. Eveything I've heard leads me to believe that they will offer jobs to the applicants treading water in the pool. My interview was at the end of May, so if they wait until Feb to start classes again that's not going to leave a lot of time before my 12months is up.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

primeco
7th Sep 2008, 23:57
Hey guys....i am an FO on the triple and have over 2000hrs on type..am thinking of making a move to EK but trying to get information before i make the decision. am currently taking home about $6,700.does any one have any idea what take home salary is at EK for FO's?what about command transition?working conditions?any help will be appreciated.http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

tbaylx
8th Sep 2008, 07:48
Primeco,

That info is all over the forum, a search would yield most of that. But here goes. You'd bring home about the same $, though you have few expenses here with housing being paid for. Command would be about 3-5 years prone to change with no notice. Working conditions are decent compared to other airlines, it's Dubai living that you may or may not have an issue with. It's different than NA, but that dosen't make it better or worse. You really won't know until you move over here and do a year or so for yourself.

primeco
11th Sep 2008, 16:39
thanks for the info i really appreciate your help..

Thylakoid
11th Sep 2008, 19:18
Kanela, you may go to London, but the recruiters will remember you:}

john negussie
12th Sep 2008, 05:28
Pilot's please........

namngm
13th Sep 2008, 00:36
With the oil prices displaying a downward trend, Any info on EK opening up

the recruitment drive again??

Wizofoz
13th Sep 2008, 04:28
Not so much the oil as late deliveries of the next batch of 777s (probably worse now with the Boeing strike)and A380s and the retirement of the A310s

Enough guys and girls accepted to fill courses until 3rd quarter 09, so I'm afraid it may be a while.