PDA

View Full Version : Moderator - "Congratulations China" Thread

ONE BIRD
30th Aug 2008, 15:39
May I know why it was closed?

828a
31st Aug 2008, 04:59
I'd also like to know why it was closed. Seems somewhat craven to lock it and say nothing.

828a.

ONE BIRD
4th Sep 2008, 09:47
Is the moderator busy or ignoring our simple question?:confused:
Even the thread starter wants to know. So please answer the question.

parabellum
4th Sep 2008, 11:06
I'm not a Moderator, but if you look at the last few posts on the thread before it was closed you will see that it had lost its hail fellow good humour tone and turned into somnething much more personal, (dare I say it, 'racist'?).

ONE BIRD
4th Sep 2008, 11:34
It was already racist weeks before my post. Why didn't the mod close it then? There are other threads that are racist too and still remain open!

priapism
4th Sep 2008, 12:03
probably because of threats of a 12 month "re education" program from the Chinese Government.

Was listening to a British journo today talking about a poor old China lady who applied to protest in one of the officially sanctioned protest gardens during the Olympics. Her beef was over the compulsary destruction of her house to make way for some government construction.

On receiveing her application she was promptly shipped off or an intensive 12month "re-education" program.

What a bunch of thugs!

What a plastic games they were!

Beijing was like a Hollywood movie set. All veneer and a junk heap behind it.

828a
5th Sep 2008, 11:17
priapism:

That "re-education" of the elderly lady was a gross exaggeration by ultra critical western media. The lady herself was interviewed on Chinese television (which I saw) along with some of her family and there didn't appear to be a problem.

Thus it would seem your jaundiced ockerish comments are not true so may I suggest you spend less time listening to and being influenced by British journalists.

828a

iLuvPX
6th Sep 2008, 00:17
Sounds more like "re-education" complete...did she talk like a robot??

AD POSSE AD ESSE
6th Sep 2008, 01:36
The lady herself was interviewed on Chinese television (which I saw) along with some of her family and there didn't appear to be a problem.

Off course there wasn't..the chinese army was probably standing behind the cameras with AK47 aimed at the poor old soul...making sure she says EXACTLY what they told her to say...

Bunch of GOONS and THUGS!!!!:yuk:

priapism
6th Sep 2008, 02:39
I'd rather be influenced by British journos than CHINESE television!!

N1 Vibes
6th Sep 2008, 06:43
If it's the same article I saw, it was actually 2 ladies, both over 70 yrs old. And there was no need for the army to be standing behind the camera. The local police had installed CCTV cameras outside the ladies new home to monitor their comings and goings.

As far as restrictions and draconian laws, one of course has only to look at the UK to see how we treat older people who want to make a protest:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/helen-and-sylvia-the-new-face-of-terrorism-472993.html

These 2 british grandmothers 62 and 68 yrs old, entered a US military base, by 15 feet, through the front gate, to demonstrate against the UK anti-terror law and the imposition of US forces around the world - including the forced removal of a civilian population for military bases to be built - a similar reason for demonstration of Beijing grannies.

Also, see the bottom of the article to see what sort of 'public threatening' people are being held and questioned by the UK police force under the 2000 anti-terrorism law. Most poingant was Walter Wolfgang, 82 yrs old, a former german jewish prisoner and death camp survivor. Who stood up and called Jact Straw 'a liar' when Jack tried to justify Britains entry into Iraq at the Labour Party conference. He was forcibly removed and questioned.

Just like China you have to write a nice letter to the police to ask permission to demonstrate in the UK.

Can you ever consider yourself to be living an unrestricted life?

404 Titan
6th Sep 2008, 06:56
N1 Vibes

That may very well be the case. There is a big difference though and I think the voters in the UK will demonstrate that at the next general election, something the Chinese can’t do.

N1 Vibes
6th Sep 2008, 07:08
A valid point 404.

But if you were voting to remove the labour party and in the hope of removing the anti-terror laws - I think you would be disappointed to find the laws remaining in place.

Democracy is not always the perfect solution we want it to be, do you trust all politicians in the party you vote for at home....?

404 Titan
6th Sep 2008, 09:12
N1 Vibes

I trust no politicians. They are all corrupt. It is amazing though what can be achieved by an organised group of people with sufficiently loud voices and a politician facing an election. :ok:

828a
6th Sep 2008, 10:37
N1 Vibes:

That's a most informative piece of information you have just added and I must admit I wish I had known about it. Fancy the English riding rough shod over two innocent English ladies who only wanted to express an opinion in their own country.
Even so I doubt if it's enough to unlock the closed minds of some of the contributors to these boards but at least it will quieten them down.

828a

Teal
6th Sep 2008, 10:40
Just like China you have to write a nice letter to the police to ask permission to demonstrate in the UK.Write a letter like that in China and you are more likely than not to receive a visit late at night and be taken away for interrogation. If you're lucky you'll be home in a week after a formal statement of guilt and self-criticism. Unlucky and you'll spend time in a rural camp for political re-education. People easily forget that China is still a communist, police state. Upset the communists and it's "no questions, bang, gone".:=

N1 Vibes
7th Sep 2008, 22:40
Teal,

remember you don't have to be guilty of anything to be shot in public in the UK these days:

- Jean Charles de Menezes

Or be shipped off from the UK to Guantanamo Bay, for a future that may still involve the death sentence, from an internationally-unrecognised military court:

- UK has 100 kindly 'sent' 100 prisoners here.

If these people are guilty of a recognised crime, then they should be given fair trial under the UK legal system, or the normally recognised US legal system.

For all who believe the 'Western governments' politicians are looking after their interests and giving them a 'free' society.

Wake up and smell the coffee...

Regards,

N1 Vibes

slapfaan
8th Sep 2008, 01:02
N1...

You are completely out of context here..

The "de Menezes"-case was properly investigated by the british police,concluded that is was a genuine mistake by the police during a time of high alert and possible further terrorist threats...there was no cover-up,lying etc. and completely open to the international media..

As far as the suspected terrorists are concerned - "where there's smoke,there's fire". These people are rounded up by the police if intelligence indicates that they are possible threats..for a trial you need concrete evidence,which in many cases may jeapordize other ongoing investigations and prevent getting the BIG fish..

The main issue in this thread is the blatant brutality and total DISREGARD for any human rights,freedom of religion,expression, etc,whatsoever, by a bunch of communist,self-centered,outdated,greedy,corrupt,sadistic and insane "old pieces of waxworks" in CHINA..:yuk:

Coffee smells wonderful:ok:

828a
8th Sep 2008, 10:51
Slapfaan:

You obviously have not stopped to think (or perhaps you can't think) as to why the Peoples Republic of China is such a successful world power. In kindergarten language just for you it's because the Ruling Congress keeps the masses under control.
If this requires clamping down on the criminal element, the free Tibet trouble makers and or the likes of the foolish Falun Gong then so be it. Prosperity for all is what matters and that's happening. Something the West would be hard pressed to claim.

828a

christn
8th Sep 2008, 12:12
Why don't you take yourselves off to the 'Jet Blast' Forum? It's embarrassing here!

404 Titan
8th Sep 2008, 14:11
828a

By the tone off your posts it is quite obvious that you have passed your re-education program.

828a
8th Sep 2008, 16:04
404 Titan;

Thanks for the compliment. I will pass on your sentiments to my supervisors who will no doubt be pleased to hear them.

828a.

N1 Vibes
9th Sep 2008, 05:39
christn

what is there to be embarrased about - or don't you remember that you live in HKG, that's part of China - right?

slapfaan,

you missed my point, and I apologise for not being clear - my response to 'teal' was to show that you can be shot in the UK without trial. Your point is correct there was a trial/investigation, and there was no cover up etc - but that was after Mr de Menezes was shot dead.

How would you react if it was somebody you knew that had been shot 'accidentally' in a 'time of high alert'? Obviously you are totally happy with the way that the british police and government has reacted to the 7/7 events.

So when you are next sat on the train, minding your own business; you hear the thunder of several plain clothes policemen, a man is thrown to the floor of the train, the cocking of the gun and the rapid firing of 7 dum-dum hollow point bullets into an innocent mans brain.

If you can can just walk on by when the police/government say "we're sorry, we made a mistake" and not feel any different about it.....?

Talk is cheap, the value of life is:

a) no value
b) cannot be valued

You choose.

Regards,

N1 Vibes

Remember - Communist China is only 30km away, not a million miles...as some people believe

christn
9th Sep 2008, 07:49
I'm not in any way embarrassed about being in Hong Kong or China. However, as a professional pilot I am embarrassed about some of the childish, racist comments made on a publicly viewable forum!