PDA

View Full Version : Will it Help!!

Fireboy
30th Aug 2008, 08:33
Hello All,

I'm after some advice! I have already completed the FIC some months ago and now I'm looking for something to add to my CV. I was thinking about the AOPA aerobatics course but do the airlines really care if you can loop the loop! I know it would improve my handling but I don't think it will help me get a job.

Last year I went to Oxford for the MCC, I was very impressed with standard of training and with the attitudes of the instructors. I'm now looking at going back for the JOC.

Is this a good move?

preduk
30th Aug 2008, 09:27
If I'm correct (from a wannabe point of view) biz jets require you to do aero training so it may be an advatange to some airlines but not all.

redsnail
30th Aug 2008, 09:59
Bizjets do not require you to do aerobatic training. NJE felt that aero training would be useful for the cadets (read low houred pilots) as they'll be doing a lot more visual flying/circuits in mountainous areas than if they were working for an airline.

In general, it is not a requirement for direct entry employment.

Re the JOC, do you have a MCC? That would be more useful. However, what you need to concentrate on if you haven't done so already is get a job.

Brainstorm
30th Aug 2008, 14:36
Make sure you turn on the 'fasten seat belts' sign before you start looping and rolling in an airliner or a business jet!

I did aerobatics the whole way down the ILS the other day, but it was not really on purpose!:)

Fireboy
30th Aug 2008, 14:54
REDSNAIL

As stated in my post I have already completed the MCC at Oxford, and as for the get a job, this is what my post was about. (will it help!)

Fireboy

redsnail
30th Aug 2008, 18:46
IMOH, no it won't, another course that has no recognition by the CAA will not help. You want to keep your money with you, not give it to a flying school. With Zoom going broke and dumping a lot of qualified and experience pilots onto the market I'd be looking for an instructing job or something like that.
More airlines are likely to fold in 08 and 09.

Airline flying isn't the only way to get hours. If you can, head OS. Go to Africa, Caribbean, anywhere.

You've got a CPL/IR and MCC. You've got what you need (apart from hours) for a job. You'd be much better off saving your money for your instrument rating renewal.

Wee Weasley Welshman
30th Aug 2008, 19:25
SSTR or keep your money ready to renew licenses and ratings. Those are your options.

Things are grim for Wannabes in a recession.

Best of luck,