PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Forum

cxpilot777
30th Aug 2008, 06:37
I would like to see a Cathay Pacific Airline Specific Forum. This will allow for the discussion of more specific Cathay issues. I don’t see why we need to air all our dirty laundry on Fragrant Harbour.
This is intended for currently serving CX crew only.
If you would like to see this happen please post here so we can get the ball rolling.

badairsucker
30th Aug 2008, 06:55
good idea.:ok:

ACMS
30th Aug 2008, 07:17
ditto......................:ok:

BuzzBox
30th Aug 2008, 07:54
Yes please!!

Snapper_head
30th Aug 2008, 07:56
Great Idea:ok:

So Moderators how can we organise this.

404 Titan
30th Aug 2008, 08:34
Yep, I have no problem with it either.:ok:

PPRuNe Towers
30th Aug 2008, 09:06
There's already a Cathay forum and has been for years - it's simply invisible to you.

Died a death long ago as folks moved over to the AOA one.

10 seconds for me to get it running again but a lot of initial effort needed by one or two of you to vet applicants and give them access. There's then a continuing requirement to moderate and keep granting access after the initial uptake.

Private forums generally have a poor history here. The vast majority never hit anything like critical mass. Only one in 7 registered users ever make posts on the public forums and it's even less than that on private ones, especially if there are other alternative venues. This is especially true where there is a union based company forum available such as Balpa. Danny and I find this immensely satisfying actually because back in 1995 we offered Balpa the entire PPRuNe concept and they told us it could never work.

Nevertheless I've made the Cathay forum visible in the main forums list to prove there's no indolence on our side and that you're not being patronised. It's there, it's ready to roll again but you really do need to think it through.

The background, simmering level of internal paranoia within any company is usually the yardstick for the success or failure of private forums. A few moments looking at the number of posts and recency for the other private forums will be illuminating.

Regards
Rob

cxpilot777
30th Aug 2008, 10:29
I guess that’s what I would like to see removed from public viewing Don Quixote. A lot of it all BS as it stands anyway.
I still propose that it remains an anonymous forum, especially as there is “probably a fairly high simmering level of paranoia.” To gain access I’m sure that we will need to decide how you can prove you are a CX pilot but the information will not be available to the company. One idea could be that members would provide their ERN or AOA membership number. Personally I am just a line pilot who is sick of seeing our reputation dragged through the mud. Yes I’m sure we will still moan and squabble but not everyone needs to see this.
Please continue to post if you want to see this go ahead. If enough support can be established then we can have it opened.
We won’t need to open lines of communication on YOU TUBE they can be done on this forum if required.

HotDog
30th Aug 2008, 11:00
There is an AOA website which I can not access anymore but I believe the level of vitriol on that site far exceeded the present public forum.

ACMS
30th Aug 2008, 11:22
rubbish...........

Yeager
30th Aug 2008, 12:05
Good point, Dan Buster! Its great to get the truth out - though it may not be liked.
A lot of you/us might live in China and have been sucked into thinking that the freedom of speech only serves the evil. Well wake up and smell the coffee - this forum is here to stay. Like it or not.

Ohh. Providing ERN number. And what would that help?? managers would be even more able to use the sick Chinese laws and lack of labour laws to abuse the staff - and they most likely will! - just like they fancy letting the cabin crew know how they have now won The case giving the Company the right to access to their personal medical detalis - thats just sick and pathetic!! :yuk:

Even is a Cathay ONLY forum is started - Fragrant Harbour will still be here - and probably still be more interesting. SO whatever. :ok:

I say - keep smililing - keep this forum and let the truth be heard! Its called Pprune - go figure. :ok:

Apple Tree Yard
30th Aug 2008, 15:42
Other airlines have their own forums, we should also.

XFR8
30th Aug 2008, 19:50
CX would love it if the forum went private. Lets keep everyone informed whats going on.
The public, government (CAD), prospective employees and shareholders deserve to know whats going on.
There is a lot mudslinging and purile drivel, but most observers will be able to sort the wheat from the chaff and form an opinion.

I say NO.

parabellum
30th Aug 2008, 23:36
Even if you get a private forum up and running there is nothing to stop someone who doesn't agree with it, but has access, doing a Copy and Paste job into Fragrant Harbour - reason for having a private forum totally voided.

cxhk
1st Sep 2008, 14:01
I love it how, we as a group of HK pilot, can never agree on anything :ugh:

leopold bloom
3rd Sep 2008, 15:34
After "Hemlock" the Cathay pilots' ravings on here are the funniest thing emanating from HK.Please don't keep it to yourselves, I need cheering up:)