PDA

View Full Version : Sociology question about women

Rwy in Sight
29th Aug 2008, 21:16
The other day I was going downtown for a drink. I was on the metro platform going towards the low income areas of the city. What I suddenly realised was that yound women living in those suburbs tend to be more provocately dressed (I wanted to use a word starting with "sl" and ending with "ty" but I 'd rather not).

The question to the bright people of Jet Blast is why do you think those ladies tend to show more flesh comparing with other higher income ladies? And no it does not depend on their occupation!

Rwy in Sight

Standard Noise
29th Aug 2008, 21:18
Cos they're trying to achieve a higher income?:E

G-CPTN
29th Aug 2008, 21:44
Maybe because their partners (being of lower income, probably due to lower intelligence - a generalisation, but if they were cleverer they would get better paid jobs etc etc) attract (or choose) females that use physical attraction as their raison d'etre. The sort of bloke that challenges you if you 'look' at his girl and therefore attracts females that display their attraction physically (in the absence of intellectual quality).

Cleverer (intellectually) females know better that outright physical (sexual) attraction isn't the best way to land a rich husband (apart from footballers and the like). Their approach is more subtle, they dress with more 'taste' and less brashness.

Look in any pub (or nightclub) and the style of female dress will indicate the 'class' (or more correctly the price level) of the establishment.

Whirlygig
29th Aug 2008, 21:48
Perhaps they can't afford any more fabric!

Cheers

Whirls

Rwy in Sight
29th Aug 2008, 22:03
Once again PPRuNe is the hub of knowledge in all fields of human knowldege. Thank you very much for providing innovative input and intelligent answers. A mate of mine pointed out a show off issue but I think your answers give a different prespective.

Thank you again.

Rwy in Sight
P.S. When Whirlygig answered I was concered about not being PC enough

vapilot2004
29th Aug 2008, 22:16
The question to the bright people of Jet Blast is why do you think those ladies tend to show more flesh comparing with other higher income ladies?

Not professing to be brilliantly erm bright, but perhaps it is simply because they can, thanks to the lower shame factor on that end. (of town) :p

Parapunter
29th Aug 2008, 22:26
It's noticeable how the lower socio economic groups tend to bling it up with pimpy rides & jingle jangle jewellery.

I have often wondered about this meself & while I'm no sandal & socks sociologist, I'm uppity enough to venture an opinion...

If you int got much, you might very well wish to project the notion that you're doing good, but the omission of funding is a big tell, so these guys are easily spotted.

Whirlygig
29th Aug 2008, 22:32
Or perhaps, these women are wearing the same size clothes as everyone else but because they are larger then average, te clothes appear more skimpy? :D:ooh:

Cheers

Whirls

Off for a lie-down as my name was mentioned in the same sentence as "PC".

29th Aug 2008, 22:53
Isn't it more of an age thing? If you are a young female/male and all your mates are wearing X then one would also tend to wear X.

Where I work (Uni) most of the undergrads are dedicated followers of fashion and presumably they have above average IQs but dress the same as the local equivalent age chav population (better quality though).

Now the staff on the other hand are a different matter.

Regards

tony draper
29th Aug 2008, 22:56
Hmmm, a lot of men like tarty women,though personally one never took them home to meet one's mum.
:E

chiglet
29th Aug 2008, 23:26
though personally one never took them home to meet one's mum

Why? Mum got jealous did she, Mr D? :E
watp,iktch

Davaar
29th Aug 2008, 23:26
to meet one's mum

Yes, it can all be very trying.

Had a young partner once, handsome Johnny, bright, athletic, personable, single, industrious, and in need of a wife. Naturally he had standards. Among the essentials, she had to be Ukrainian Catholic, blonde, blue eyed, of appropriate years junior to him, intellgent, good fun, well ... Ah ... built, and Must Know Her Place.

And yes! She had to pass the scrutiny of his mum.

We tilted -- it would be exaggeration to say we conditioned -- our recruiting program at least to favour those who approached the specification.

At last in a new receptionist we found the perfect candidate. Lovely girl, sweet nature too. We hired her on the spot. Anxiously we seniors got the ring in his nose and paraded him before her critical (although blue) eyes.

She rejected him out of hand: she was a Jehovah's Witness, and none but a JW would do.

We never knew what mum would have said.

bugg smasher
30th Aug 2008, 02:01
A complicated question, Sir, with nothing other than a Sheraton hotel room in a non-descript city, in an aviation town, to occupy my time, I shall endeavor to chew sense into the richly proffered bait. Hook, line, or sinker,that would be the question.

I think it all boils down to tits. Big, luscious, gorgeous, rounded and sumptuous tits, the kind that men are moved to write poetry for, compose symphonies about, paint masterpieces in honor of, declare war on nations for. If I were God, how, I can only feebly imagine, would I assure the continuance of the species?

I would devise the most magnificent set of tits ever known to this universe, and would endow only a small percent of women with them. Thereby, would the world strive towards them, the holiest of bi-grails, an entire species energized by a just a few honest and magnificent pair.

Thusly, my friend, are the downtown tarts and the uptown trinkets made equal in the eyes of man, the plain truth open only to those who would take but just a moment, or two, to see.

pigboat
30th Aug 2008, 03:05
bugg smasher, as poetry that sucks. But as prose, it is the equal of anything penned by Shakespeare himself. :ok:

alwayzinit
30th Aug 2008, 07:34
Simple really:

It pays to advertise!:E

Alwayz

bugg smasher
31st Aug 2008, 05:07
Thanks PB, appreciate the vote of confidence. Must learn to read, though, for some reason had it in my noggin that Davaar was the thread starter. Drinks? Fast wimin? Surely he has come unscrewed, so to speak!

Now I see twas not, with apologies. Interesting subject matter anyways...

Mac the Knife
31st Aug 2008, 07:47
What the difference between a boeremeisie and a kugel?

The boeremeisies have real orgasms and fake jewelery whereas the kugels...

:ok:

Mac

Krystal n chips
31st Aug 2008, 08:25
The other end of the social spectrum ( class divide is such a non PC expression after all :E ) can be equally bemusing to see in daylight....and indeed many of the erstwhile "social elite":yuk: residents of Hale, Hale Barnes, Altrincham and..of course....the epicentre of the known world.....Wilmslow...can often be seen emulating the peasants....the female of the species tends to have make up plastered on in a style more akin to that stuff that goes on the outside of a house and a tan that looks like it's been sprayed on by the local graffiti artist......not to mention a size 18 figure optimistically parading and contained in a size 12......the male of the species usually sports a hair cut ( what's left of it ) reminscent of the 70's....with a beer gut that would make a superb ridge soaring site....and a fashion sense that shows he is still firmly entrenched in adolescence.....and probably still is in most aspects of life.

ExSp33db1rd
31st Aug 2008, 08:42
Rwy in Sight

I was on the metro platform going towards the low income areas of the city

?? Has anyone questioned why you might have been going to the ' low income ' areas of the city anyway ?? :=

1DC
31st Aug 2008, 09:10
Choosing a wife

A man wanted to get married. He was having trouble choosing among three likely candidates. He gives each woman a present of $5,000 and watches to see what they do with the money.

The first does a total make-over. She goes to a fancy beauty salon, gets her hair done, new make-up and buys several new outfits, and dresses up very nicely for the man. She tells him that she has done this to be more attractive for him because she loves him so much.

The man was impressed.

The second goes shopping to buy the man gifts. She gets him a new set of golf clubs, some new gizmos for his computer, and some expensive clothes. As she presents these gifts, she tells him that she has spent all the money on him because she loves him so much

Again, the man is impressed.

The third invests the money in the stock market. She earns several times the $5,000. She gives him back his $5,000 and reinvests the remainder in a joint account. She tells him that she wants to save for their future because she loves him so much.

Obviously, the man was impressed.

The man thought for a long time about what each woman had done with the money he'd given her.

Then, he married the one with the biggest boobs.

Men are like that, you know.

Romeo India Xray
31st Aug 2008, 09:16
It is a simple juxtapoise really - take a well educated, intelligent individual in the $500 to $700K pa bracket with a good upbringing, conformist with - now take an uneducated individual living on or beyond the lines of legality, terrible upbringing subsisting on social payments and whatever can be begged, borrowed or pilfered. The only common denominator is conformity. While the educated (normally) conform to the expectations of society and the laws of the land, the uneducated gravitate towards the easiest niche for them to fit into, that of conformity with the piers and non conformity with society at large. "I will dress like a s**t and s**g a few guys tonight, just like mum did at my age and like my best mate is going to today - I hope my mate (or should it be m8?) doesn't s**g that guy from round the corner who's just got out of nick (prison), because I want to sort him out, but dont tell my boyfriend" - Latter half of that based on something I was told by a 14 year old girl, she was being serious.

RIX worked for a time as a door to door debt collector (good enough money to part fund ATPL) - quit when I realised selling soul was part of the job description. Inhabitants of said social housing estate were exposed to open sexual suggestion and even acts in public from as soon as they could leave the house (i.e. as soon as they could crawl through the continuously open doorway).

I would expect that to most aircrew, and oral tradition implies conurtations of linguistics, not a teenage boy standing on a street corner being surrounded by five giggling girls (very early teens), trousers around his ankles and a sixth girl with her mouth full. Tradition because the same boy and group of girls would repeat the activity on a weekly basis, mid-afternoon (the actual day escapes me though). Police would not enter the estate in a single patrol on the grounds of safety.

Out of over 200 "customers" RIX can report of only ONE who was raising her children with any sort of moral value!

RIX

Doodlebug
31st Aug 2008, 18:13
True, Mac, true! :}

Capot
31st Aug 2008, 21:36
Mr Draper writ...

a lot of men like tarty women

Well, you'd need to in Newcastle, wouldn't you?

Lonely, otherwise.

Alloa Akbar
31st Aug 2008, 22:22
Hey if you think they look tarty and under-dressed at the start of the night, you should watch out for the ones doing the "Walk of shame" at 8 am on a sunday morning :ok:

Anyway.. I notice no-one has condemmed "slutty" as bad thing, so I'm not going to start either..:}

frostbite
31st Aug 2008, 22:40
The only "tarty and under-dressed" girl I see occasionally has long blonde hair and wears a Burberry (so that's still in fashion then) mini skirt that just fails to hide her knickers.

Reckon she's about eight.

Davaar
31st Aug 2008, 22:52
Reckon she's about eight

As if age had anything to do with it.

We used to have neighbours each of whom had a daughter. The elder was about 6 or 7, and the younger about 4. The elder was nice, but as dim as a Toc H lamp. The younger was as sharp as a needle.

At play, when they thought they were not observed, the younger would bully the elder ruthlessly. She really was a crass little thug.

When she wanted something she became the archetyical wee sook, seducing men to her will. I never did see her try such tactics on her mother.

Rwy in Sight
31st Aug 2008, 22:53
ExSp33db1rd

?? Has anyone questioned why you might have been going to the ' low income ' areas of the city anyway ??

The metro system is designed in such a way that I had to take the metro for a stop towards the low income parts of the city.

Thanks again for the ideas

Rwy in Sight

TimmoWhakatane
1st Sep 2008, 04:34
My thoughts are along a similar vein to another in this thread: Beauty fades, intelligence grows.

Notice how these 'chavs' look 'orrible as soon as they reach any sort of age? (or it could be argued that they look 'orrible from the start innit?)They need to find their mate quick-smart before it all goes pear shape. Presumably, that could also help explain the high rates of divorce since, if the relationship was built on physical attraction and then that goes, what is left?

ExSp33db1rd
1st Sep 2008, 04:50
Rwy in Sight

We'll believe you !