PDA

View Full Version : It is with deep regret that I announce

Tolsti
29th Aug 2008, 20:14
The passing away of the man who, it is regarded to have invented Mornington Crescent

BBC NEWS | UK | Comedy producer dies in accident (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7589102.stm)

Beatriz Fontana
29th Aug 2008, 20:36
In the book of the radio scripts to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Perkins writes the footnotes. At the end of episode one he says:

"The extraordinary noise of gargling, howling, sniffing and so on was the first of many effects that were made perfectly satisfactorily by completely ignoring the convoluted directions in the script. In fact, it was made quite simply by reversing the speech."

Absolute genius.

Whirlygig
29th Aug 2008, 20:51
Very sad news. Geoffrey Perkins was responsible for some of the finest and funniest comedies in the last twenty years.

I just hope it wasn't a back-tracking foul at Parson's Green.

RIP

Whirls

B Fraser
29th Aug 2008, 22:48
I will offer a double Walpole which if I am not mistaken suggests that I play Ongar

Jimmy Macintosh
29th Aug 2008, 23:15
I thought laughter was supposed to prolong life.

From the shows he produced he should have lived to 300+

mocoman
29th Aug 2008, 23:40
Very sad news.

The world is a greyer place following his departure; not unlike Moorgate on on a rainy Friday afternoon.

:sad:

x213a
29th Aug 2008, 23:48
Buggerit:rolleyes:

Thats me in spoon for a few days.

G-CPTN
30th Aug 2008, 00:09
Apparently he 'fell' into the path of a truck on Marylebone High Street.
Very sad indeed . . .

Such talent - was probably needed elsewhere.

BlueDiamond
30th Aug 2008, 02:52
Puts all of us in Knid, I think. :(

llondel
30th Aug 2008, 06:38
I was talking about the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy over lunch at work today, then saw this on the BBC news later. Comment to colleague: "I guess we'd better be careful about who we talk about" {pause} "Should we make up a list?"