PDA

View Full Version : Aviator24.com ATPL software - Is it any good?

Greg2041
29th Aug 2008, 18:26
I've searched around on this one but haven't been able to find any reviews. It looks very good as a training package but would appreciate your comments.

Greg

RMarvin86
29th Aug 2008, 18:58
I bought it recently and I find it really worth, excellent product: easy to use, many answers can be found with detailed explanations a DB of about 15.000 questions and you get regular updates by mail. Maybe the product is a little overpriced but definitely a useful tool. :ok:

Greg2041
29th Aug 2008, 22:17
Does it accurately reflect the type of questions and subject matter that are in the exams?

Greg

RMarvin86
30th Aug 2008, 09:14
The programme includes the official JAA exam questons and I guess it includes them all or nearly all. Futhermore they send you 3 printed manuals CAA CAP 696-697-698 necessary for some subjects.
The type of questions is like these:
2go.aero :: the aviation test preparation :: training (http://www.2go.aero/training/) which is a free online tool with over 13.000 JAA Q.

sawaya
30th Aug 2008, 10:57
its brilliant i must say i used full explanations,and working on how to get the answers.and notes on complex questions however the questions are just too many...the best way is use bristol question bank and any questions that you cant solve check it up on the working on aviator .com.

Greg2041
31st Aug 2008, 15:34
The programme includes the official JAA exam questons and I guess it includes them all or nearly all. Futhermore they send you 3 printed manuals CAA CAP 696-697-698 necessary for some subjects.
The type of questions is like these:
2go.aero :: the aviation test preparation :: training (http://www.2go.aero/training/) which is a free online tool with over 13.000 JAA Q.

Guys, I'm a bit confused. What is the link between Aviator24 and 2go.aero?

Second question, Bristols QB has over 14,000 questions so how can there be too many in the Aviator24 QB?

Grateful for any comments - Nice ones of course!

Greg

RMarvin86
31st Aug 2008, 16:29
You can use 2go.aero for free and still have a good product with 90% of the questions you have with Aviator.
With Aviator you can use it in the "study" or "examination" mode. The former you can load all questions by default or in a test mode: random order or limited time. What is also great is that you can choose to load defined chapters. For instance, if you're doing Instrumentation, you can decide to load questions related only to pression instruments.
If you choose examination mode you can simulate the examination being limited in time and have random questions.
As I told you I think it's a little overpriced as you can get most of the questions for free online, but the product has some extra features which makes it still worth. :ok:

Greg2041
31st Aug 2008, 21:45
Gotcha. Makes perfect sense!

Greg

Paula Schi
31st Aug 2008, 21:54
Hi ya,

I bought Aviator24 as well and am satisfied so far. The updating possibility is pretty good without a lot of hassle. I use aviator24 at home and 2go.aero while at work.
I just started out clicking and am overwhelmed by the number of questions.
Here in Germany the most popular software on the market is Exam ATPL. Its supposed to be great, but I guess its just because lots of the questions are in german (some tests can be taken in german).
Wish you all the best whilst learning.

Greets from Germany :ok:

Greg2041
1st Sep 2008, 17:36
Thanks Paula. A quick query. Why don't you use aviator24 at work as well?

Greg

Paula Schi
7th Sep 2008, 13:26
Hi Greg,

sorry for answering a bit too late.
I am currently back in school for the ATPs stuff and haven't looked into the forum for the past few days...
Problem is that I don't have my own computer at work and all the CD Rom drives have been disabled so that nobody starts installing their "home" software. I do have my own partition and have a freebe atpl software with about 7000 questions which works via microsoft excel. It's sufficient to work with in my breaks if I can't get onto the internet to use aviation exam and 2go.aero.
If anybody is interested I can post it. It isn't that big- 1,3mB with questions used in 2003.

Greets from Karlsruhe:ok:

Paula Schi
7th Sep 2008, 13:48
Hi Greg,

Sorry for teh late reply, I have been back to school for learning for the ATPLs--
I don't have the possibility to install my own stuff at work. I use another small programm which works alongside the mentioned online CQB's. I got it in 2003 and it works on excel macro basis. There are about 7thousand questions and it is completly sufficient for a quick session at work during my breaks.

Greets from Karlsruhe:ok: